FAQ for spray tanning (tanners, please read)

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Absolutely love this thread what a great idea I'm in the middle of training with vita liberata and this thread just answers all my questions :) xx

Sent from my SM-T210 using SalonGeek mobile app

Hiya, im just coming back to tanning after having a break for a few years to have babies. So in the past I trained and always used fakebake.
Im just wondering whats new? What are these 60 minute tans like in your opinion? What brands do you like?
Any info would be great x

Hiya, im just coming back to tanning after having a break for a few years to have babies. So in the past I trained and always used fakebake.
Im just wondering whats new? What are these 60 minute tans like in your opinion? What brands do you like?
Any info would be great x
Hi there, welcome back to Tanning :) I use Suntana, never ever had one single complaint,all my clients adore it, fabulous Colour and fade off, no sign of the dreaded Orange !
I use mainly Medium Cherry(10%) and Blackberry After Dark (14%) I very rarely get asked for 8%.
The medium Cherry is a great all rounder and the Blackberry is just stunning, deep and dark bronzed.
Their customer service is outstanding.

This was so helpful thanks x

Hi can anyone tell me what difference is with air brushing & spray tanning plz . Great thread been a great help to me too !

Your question is incorrect however im guessing the question is one of what is the difference between airbrush and hvlp systems ...given that airbrushing is spray tanning :wink2:

airbrush creates much finer mist...atomisation of solution and is generally used for more detailed work...this system creates more airborne particles and therefore extraction or filtering of these particles is required in order to make the experiance more pleasurable for both the customer and operator ...respiratory protection is also advised

hvlp (high velocity low pressure) is a far mor commonly operated system and as the name suggests the solution is best described as being "splashed"onto the skin...the net result being that larger areas can be covered quicker and that airborne particles are greatly reduced...making it an ideal means for spraytan applications
hth

Thanks I have read so much & just got confused & thought it must be another way or different type of spray tanning all together ( which u would need further training & different equipment )or maybe it was something so simple as a " technique " 😉

Dianne x

Bit of a random one but I am qualified in nsi acrylics and Gelish, I've recently qualified in spray tanning too. I've got clients wanting to book in for tanning and nails. But my question is which treatment do I do first? Nails or spray tan? Thanks x

Bit of a random one but I am qualified in nsi acrylics and Gelish, I've recently qualified in spray tanning too. I've got clients wanting to book in for tanning and nails. But my question is which treatment do I do first? Nails or spray tan? Thanks x

I do tan first!

Just wondered as it's Gelish toes, Gelish nails and a spray tan.

I do nails first, they dont want to be sat getting their nails done after and feeling sticky. Also the nail products can remove the tan if it touches the skin xx

Always tan last regardless of what treatment it is. You dont want to compromise a developing tan!

Sent from my GT-I9505 using SalonGeek mobile app

Thanks guys, I'll defo do nails first then x

I think it's a matter of preference! Iv done nails first and it doesn't work for me. Also there's very little product would be on skin after a gel application but I think it's each to their own;-)

This is a great thread, thanks so much :) I've just completed my training with sienna x (on Monday) and have received my kit today! So excited to get started...albeit a bit scared! Think my sister will be my first dummy...my husband wasn't keen ;)

Just about to start my read though this thread.
Have just booked onto a spray tanning course and am mega excited!

Sent from my Nexus 7 using SalonGeek mobile app

Does anyone know how I can get hold of a good but cheap spray tan machine ? Thanks 👍

Does anyone know how I can get hold of a good but cheap spray tan machine ? Thanks 👍

I bought mine via eBay...including tent etc but I know u can buy them for under a hundred without tent wax I have the TS20 and a yr later it's still going strong

I have the click n tan and its so good. I got my kit from Nouvatan amd its really top quality

Sent from my GT-I9505 using SalonGeek mobile app

Hi,

I have used my TS50 for about 12 months now and love it but recently i have been using more solution (about 60-80ml) pp. I have the dial set to 3/4 and the nozzle is loose but not too loose - any other suggestions? TIA xxx

Latest posts

Back