FAQ help for my website

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

joingram87

Reaction score
Hi Geeks,

As most of you know I have only recently qualified in L+P and Brisa UV Gel.

I am in the process of setting up my website and i would like to create a FAQ page. I have heard and read about several myths and FAQ's to natural nails and enhancements.below are the FAQ's that i was thinking of putting on my site to start with...being new and still building my confidence and product knowledge etc i would be grateful if you could point me in the right direction should any of the below need tweaking slightly. I have searched on here for the correct answers but i just want to double check with you lovely geeks and so i can learn if i have made any classical errors in my answers :)

‘I have heard Gel is kinder to the natural nail than Acrylic, is this true?’
No. Gels are often perceived that it is kinder to the natural nail. However there is no one nail system that is actually safer or gentler to the nail plate than another. Each system has a job to do and that is to create beautiful long-lasting enhancements. The difference between Gel and Acrylic is how it is manufactured as they are both from the same family.

‘Do I need to give my nails a break every now and then from my enhancements?’
You do not need to give your nails a ‘break’ every now and then from enhancements. In fact, having enhancements and then having them removed and then back on again on a regular basis can weaken the natural nail as unnecessary stress is put on the natural nail. The only time you would need to have a break from enhancements is due to severe damage or trauma to the natural nail plate itself.

‘Do nails breathe?’
Nails do not and cannot breathe! Nails are made up of Keratin which is mostly non-living tissue.

‘Are enhancement’s bad for your nails?’
No. enhancements are designed to bond to the natural nail without any penetration into the natural nail plate itself. The only way they will damage you natural nail is by a poor Nail Technician or you pick and bite at your nail enhancements.

Sorry if some of it is wrong, or could be worded better, we all learnt once and what better to do it than from you lovely professionals hehe :green:

Thanks xxx

ps sorry if i have posted this in the wrong place. i wasn't too sure where to put it!

Last edited:
maybe you could add this one:

How should I care for my enhancements? then use the solar oil bla bla and avoid unnecessary contact with water like washing up etc use gloves

xxx

maybe you could add this one:

How should I care for my enhancements? then use the solar oil bla bla and avoid unnecessary contact with water like washing up etc use gloves

xxx

Hiya, thank u for ur reply. :) I did think about that and I thought i would add an aftercare page which would incorporate all things like that :) xx

Jo xxx
Sent from my iPhone using SalonGeek

Latest posts

Back