Fast setting liquid or fast setting powder?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lizzy13

Reaction score
Hiya, just wondering if anyone knows which is best a fast setting mononer or a fast setting acrylic powder, do they both work in the same way.

I think you may be a little confused. The powder combines with the liquid to make the acrylic and after a few seconds it polymerizes (although not fully, as this takes a good 24 hours for full polymerization to take place).
x

sorry i did not word that very well, i have always used cnd retention liquid but i was thinking of using the moxi liquid this winter as it is a faster setting liquid when added to the powder, but when looking at young nails site i see they do a fast setting powder and i wondered what the differnce was,

Oh sorry I see what you mean.
I also use Retention + and it has always set fast enough for me, but I know you can purchase Moxie which sets even faster.
I therefore cannot comment on the difference, I can only assume the molecular compound is different i.e smaller molecules and that the difference is probably negligible.
x

I have used both.
Basically some companies put the accelerator in the liquid and some put it in the powder.
One way or the other the result is similar and you end up with a faster setting nail.

oh i see, that makes sense thanks for that xx

Latest posts

Back