Fast Track Nail Courses

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Movida

Reaction score
Hi,
I am living in Swansea, South Wales and really want to go on a 'fast track' nail course? Anybody know where they offer this?

Last edited by a moderator:
What's a fast track course?

Fast Track is when a class is held over a shorter period or taylor made on a one to one to suit the time the student is available.:hug:

Hi,
I am living in Swansea south wales and really wan to go on a fast track nail course? anybody know where they offer this?

Search training and you will find that these courses are great at taking your money but not so great at helping you to become a professional.

There is actually no such thing as a fast way to learn how to do nails which takes time, skill and allot of knowledge. These things are not acquired quickly.

There is not a professional on this site that would urge you to take one of these courses. They are a complete rip off so why not save your money a little longer and get 'the real deal' from a reputable training provider.

Most reputable companies will not recognise any qualification from a fast track course so when you've finished you can't even buy good products. If your asking for advice, mine is DON'T BOTHER.

you should always think long and hard abput what training you want to do

also make sure that you get a recognisable qualification so you can be insured

there is no quick way to learn nails, its takes time

I totally agree with Gigi - there is no fast way to becoming a good nail technician. It takes time and practice, practice, practice.

Go with a reputable training provider not one which will recommend fast track - it is not possible.

Good luck!

Fast track courses are courses (duration 1-2 or 3 days) that mislead the public as to what they can achieve, demean our industry, and rip off students who know no better.

There are articles here on the site that discuss how to find reputable training suppliers .. I suggest yo read them before you make a big mistake.

There is no fast way to get ahead in the nail industry. Knowledge, talent and hard work and practise are what help you get ahead and that is after correct training and support.

Last edited:
Hi all

I would just like to add the some colleges offer Fast Track course on Nails at and NVQ or SVQ level. They college I am in run this course from January to June so this is over a 7 Month period.

So it looks as if the words Fast Track dosen't always mean what it says.

Thanks for your thoughts, i was thinking of going with nail divas wich is full time 10-3 for 1 week at a cost of xxxxgbp. did you do your training at a college or somewhere else? really dont know where to go.

Thanks for your thoughts, i was thinking of going with nail divas wich is full time 10-3 for 1 week at a cost of xxxxgbp. did you do your training at a college or somewhere else? really dont know where to go.
Please just look here on the site at articles about training ... they will HELP you to find where to go. That is what this site is all about ... helping you to find the right path.

Go to the top and click on navigation
then click on forums
Scroll down and click on articles
then click on training

Have fun.

I did my HND in beauty therapy along with nail which was my first point of call.

Since then I have completed coures with all the major players and have now settled with Young Nails.

I would recommend one of the major companys such as Creative, Young nails, Ezflow and NSI as best for training and support.

I am sorry I can not comment on the company you have booked with but in my experience I would find out what you get for your money.

What product, What qualification they have to train, do you get a training book etc.

Hope this helps

Hi

I very nearly paid for a local academy course, which im sure is ok.....

However on further investigation of this site (hours & hours) I have found lots of info which helped me to choose the best route for me.

Its not just the training you need to consider its the after training info that has proved most valuable. Ie: Insurance, purchasing & use of brands, products etc

Use the search facility at the top of the page to find training info, it worked for me .....

Champagne

Hi

I very nearly paid for a local academy course, which im sure is ok.....

However on further investigation of this site (hours & hours) I have found lots of info which helped me to choose the best route for me.

Its not just the training you need to consider its the after training info that has proved most valuable. Ie: Insurance, purchasing & use of brands, products etc

Use the search facility at the top of the page to find training info, it worked for me .....

Champagne

No to mention the on going training and support you need from a dedicated company to advance your career and to help you in your business.

Fast track courses are courses (duration 1-2 or 3 days) that mislead the public as to what they can achieve, demean our industry, and rip off students who know no better.

There are articles here on the site that discuss how to find reputable training suppliers .. I suggest yo read them before you make a big mistake.

There is no fast way to get ahead in the nail industry. Knowledge, talent and hard work and practise are what help you get ahead and that is after correct training and support.

Totally agree, i did attend a fast track course was taught it all in 4 days, cost me over £1000 and ended up out of pocket with a worthless diploma, i just wish i had studied the correct way instead of trying to fast track and take short cuts, im now on a great course, studying for a vtct and its great. Good luck hun...:hug:

Hi

I also paid a lot of money for a 3 day course which was a complete rip off- I have had more help from this site than the course ever gave me. It is all rush rush rush - do it this way now go and practice - no help at all if you are doing it wrong as there is no-one to guide you. Totally agree with the advice given - a reputable company will see you the way forward.

HTH

Paula

Hi,
I am living in Swansea, South Wales and really want to go on a 'fast track' nail course? Anybody know where they offer this?

Hi and welcome :hug:

You have been given amazing advice,do your self a favour and take it :wink2:

i too was duped by a 'fast track' course in oct 06 , i have just got the money together to take a proper course and having experienced both i can tell ya, gigi and the others are not just saying it for the sake of it, they dont want you making the same mistakes as many of us have, there is no comparision between an expensive (believe me cos most of stuff you need isnt included) and crap 3-4 day cram all systems and methods in course, which when you complete it you fin the certificate isnt recognisabe to your insurance company anyway ans then thats it your on your own, with no more help

or a resonably priced course (with everything you need incuded) where the help is on the end of the phone or email whenever you need it, spread out over 3 months and lots of fabulous help is given

there is no comparision hun, and please please read the articles suggested, they will save you so much time and more importantly money if you choose your course wisely, look at me, my fast track course ended up costin me a fortune and its now took me over a year to get back to where i should have been, if i had found this site before i went on the 'fast track' course

get reading hun and make a wise choice, if you want any more help please feel free to pm me :)

I made exactly the same mistake as Nicky did a course in August 06 'trained' in all systems and walked away with nothing apart from dissapointment.

Please don't make the same mistake as me and many others, there are lots of fab companies out there and we are here to advise you and help you start off your career on the right foot.

x

morning everyone. In September I want to do a Nail Extention course, my college offers a course that is 15 weeks long, and OPI and creative nails offer a 4 day course. Which one would anyone recmomend doing? Has anyone done one of the OPI or Creative nails courses?

Thanks xxx

Latest posts

Back