Fast track or college course? Opinions please

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I am wanting to undertake the level 3 NVQ and I am looking at two options, either a fast track course over 5 months or attending college for one year.

Both have the same outcome....a VTCT qualification at Level 3

I want opinions please as I am torn as what to do. Do you as an employer look more favourably on therapists who have attended a full year to complete the level 3, by attending a college for three days a week.

Do employers frown upon fast track courses even thought they give the same qualification?

What is the best way forward for me?

Thank YOU:Grope:

If the 5 month course has a smaller class and plenty of supervised time with a tutor then I wouldn't consider that to be "fast track" in a way that is problematic. When I think of fast track courses I think of things that are rushed over a week maybe rather than a 5 month course.

If the 5 month course is ran well there's every potential that it could be just as thorough as a longer college course and when you consider that the academic year is 9 months with a good chunk of weeks off there might not be much in it anyway.

I did my level 2&3 in one year on a fast track course I thought it was excellent! It was a lot of work I attended college 2 days a week but I felt we covered everything thoroughly! Ive never had a problem getting a job either hth xx

Sent from my Vodafone 875 using SalonGeek mobile app

Thank you for your replies

Can you please recommend to me a fast track course that I can start asap next year for level 3

I'm looking into doing a fast track course as well, so will keep an eye on this post.

I haven't enquired as yet with local colleges, but what does level 1
, 2 & 3 include?

I went to Yorkshire college of beauty to do my fast track course! Just depends where you live?! X

Sent from my Vodafone 875 using SalonGeek mobile app

I think if you're going down the fast track route, try and get a work placement too.
Without knowing roughly where you live, I highly recommend Helen McGuinness for training :

http://www.helenmcguinness.com

Even if you only call or email and ask for their opinion of college vs fast track, for your age group and experience/knowledge.

When you are studying, I'm here if you want any help :) Good luck xx

I can highly recommend the white rose college group who have private colleges all over the country. Contact them soon because they often begin nvq courses in January that end in June.

I did my level 2 in 3,5months (5 days a week 9 hour days plus every night spent doing homework and exams several times a week I didnt have a life ,you need to be committed!) and my level3 in 5 months 3* per week 9hour days - worked for me and ive had no problems !

Latest posts

Back