Favourite childhood book?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Mine were:
Not now Bernard
The clock tower ghost
The twits

I have all 3 still from my childhood and bought my boys a new copy of them and they all love them! Not now Bernard is the true favourite and got my middle son, now 6, reading at 2 yrs!

Oooo *enter nostalgic mode* emmas story, the BFG and Bad Girls x

Great to hear what everyones favourite book was! :) I love the faraway tree too! I'd forgotten all about it but got it recently for my daughter!
Tiger comes to tea is still one of my favourites!
Brer rabbit
Charlie and the chocolate factory
Mog
Alfie
:)

. enid blyton when i was a tween.

the lord of the rings when i was a teen

fav adult book..a thousand splendid suns.by kalid hussein......unput-down-able

Oh and The Velveteen Rabbit was another favourite! X

I loved Charlie and the chocolate factory, James and the giant peach, all the famous five books, my naughty little sister books and a necklace of raindrops.
Its lovely because my little girls love the same books :))

Aside from SNES games, I read a lot as a child :lol:
I recently bought a bunch of books from my childhood for my 5 yr old niece who's learning how to read atm. She's loving them!
Amelia Bedelia books, Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs, Where the Wild Things Are, Corduroy, The magic school bus books, Harold and the purple crayon, Where the Sidewalk Ends.
She's advancing fast so I think for her birthday I'll get her a few Judy Blume and wayside school ones.

There are three great children's books that come to mind:

Where the Wild Things Are

wild_bookjkt.jpg

Where the Sidewalk Ends

Where_the_Sidewalk_Ends.jpg

Green Eggs and Ham

Green-eggs-and-ham.jpg

Mine was the far away tree, & the secret seven, I read them over & over!!
My kids love all the Julia Donaldson books with the gruffalo & room on the broom being their absolute favourites!!

My fav when I was in infant school was The Hungry Caterpillar! I bought it for my 2 year old an she loves it :)

Used to love Roald Dahl...especially Danny the Champion of the World, other favourites included Heidi and Black Beauty (I still have these books), Also loved Ella and the Dolphins, have been was looking for a copy of this for years and have just bought a copy from America!!! Thankfully my girls love all these books too xx

Heidi (oh to have those plaits), James and the giant peach and the chronicles of Narnia - all of them! Got to love books!:D

I remember reading the magical porridge pot ..... I don't know why but it has stuck in my head all these years x uImageUploadedBySalonGeek1337637889.182882.jpg

Oh I have just made myself feel really old lol x

Oh I have just made myself feel really old lol x

I know, it does make you feel old...Famous Five, Secret Seven...used to also love the princess and the pea :D x

I loved (still do) George's marvellous medicine, the twits and the witches! And also had a collection called cassey and the ballet school!! I'd love to get hold of them again. I used to read in bed before i nodded off and my mum would come and take the book off of my head then turn the lamp off lol. I'd love to go back to those times, not a worry in the world lol :)

Sent from my GT-I9000 using SalonGeek

Another one of my absolute fav books of all time is To kill a Mockingbird. Brilliant story and so well written.:D

The enchanted wood and the faraway tree were my favorites as well. I think I still have them in boxes at Mums house, I kept a lot of my favorite ones from over the years. When I got a bit older I loved the sweet valley books, I still have all them and I'm still collecting them now, just need a few more of the rare ones.

Ah Heidi And narnia I'd forgotten those anyone read swallows and amazons another amazing one!!

Ooh I might have to look some of these up! :)

Latest posts

Back