Favourite childhood book?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bubblegumsugar

Reaction score
I'm always looking on eBay to try and find books from my childhood (mainly ones with pictures) and have got a few vintage ones for my daughter to read! So I wondered what's everyone elses favourite childhood book? I was born in the 80s but also remember books from 60s and 70s as I must of had some passed to me :)

This is one that I had when I was little and just got it for my daughter, it brought back memories!!:)

Attachments

• ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1337549242.095007.jpg
    ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1337549242.095007.jpg
    29.9 KB · Views: 105
I remember that one! Makes me feel very old!

Me too! ;) I loved the Ladybird books!

I loved Enid Blyton The Enchanted Wood and The Wishing Chair, me and my sister used to sit in a big chair and pretend it had wings like the one in the book, this brings back lovely memories :)

The famous five and the secret seven by Enid blyton

I never forgot these! Xx

Omg amazing secret seven famous five wishing chair and anyone remember the adventure ones adventure island etc also biggins....fabulous thread!

Oo Enid blyton for me too...
Naughtiest schoolgirl and 'well really Mr twiddle'
All of them! X

No roses for Harry! I loved that book and so did my children. I don't think it's old but my two also love Peepo!

I loveddddd the famous five books!! Was completely obsessed x

I love Charlie and the chocolate factory. The fact that I adore chocolate has absolutely nothing to do with it of course.:D:wink2:

I loved The Faraway Tree by Enid Blyton! X

I still have most of my childhood books in my library. I should put them on ebay!

Loved Enid Blyton too. Particularly 3 bad brownies.

Mine was the naughtiest girl in the school, by Enid Blyton, i did not read alot but this book was read over and over, i loved it. x

All the Roald Dahl books, The BFG, Georges Marvellous Medicine, Matilda! Brilliant stories, cant wait til my two are old enough to read them :)

Sent from my X10i using SalonGeek

Enid Blyton for me too, loved the Enchated Wood & when I was abit older I loved the naughtiest girl series & The St Claires series.
This took me right back to my childhood....memories are wonderful

I absolutely loved the faraway tree by Enid Blyton, such an enchanting book I would read for hours and get completely lost in. Love most if her books, I used to make little dresses for fairies and turn matchboxes into beds for them in case they ever came to stay :)

All the Roald Dahl books, The BFG, Georges Marvellous Medicine, Matilda! Brilliant stories, cant wait til my two are old enough to read them :)

Sent from my X10i using SalonGeek

Matilda was my fave! And now that's my two year olds name. I also loved the suitcase kid x

The Folk of the Faraway Tree for me. I would read it over and over and whenever we went for walks in the woods, I would look for the shape in the base of the trees that would be the door way inside it.

Latest posts

Back