Favourite gel brand?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Samdur

Reaction score
What's your favourite brand of gel to use... I like the way shellac goes on but have heard it doesn't last as well on some people. I like Gellish but it does shrink a little around nail edge...I am new to it so maybe just need more practice with Gellish??

Thanks xx

I have a few brands that I've trialed, however I mostly use Shellac nowadays. I found my clients mostly searched the internet for what kind of colours they wanted for their next set, and Shellac is the most known name around my area and clientele, hence those colours got used the most in my collection.

I personally really like INK London iLac as well as Gelish, they just don't tend to get picked by my clients.

Every brand is different, no brand fits all, I would personally go for a brand that works for you and your clients.

However, there are ways to work around issues, for example, for nails needing more support, a think layer of a strengthening gel such as the new IBX Boost, or INK London's Fortify, or even hard gel or L&P will do the trick.

For your specific Gelish issue, I wipe the cured base coat with a dry, old gel brush before applying my first colour coat, this helps a lot with shrinkage.

I have a few brands that I've trialed, however I mostly use Shellac nowadays. I found my clients mostly searched the internet for what kind of colours they wanted for their next set, and Shellac is the most known name around my area and clientele, hence those colours got used the most in my collection.

I personally really like INK London iLac as well as Gelish, they just don't tend to get picked by my clients.

Every brand is different, no brand fits all, I would personally go for a brand that works for you and your clients.

However, there are ways to work around issues, for example, for nails needing more support, a think layer of a strengthening gel such as the new IBX Boost, or INK London's Fortify, or even hard gel or L&P will do the trick.

For your specific Gelish issue, I wipe the cured base coat with a dry, old gel brush before applying my first colour coat, this helps a lot with shrinkage.

Ooooh thanks really helpful! Do you use anything on the brush to wipe base coat?

I’m currently using gelish - I love the colours and think it applies very well however I have just ordered the gel bottle because I have read a lot of good reviews about it plus you get more for your money :)

Hi all so I'm going to go ahead and purchase some products to help. With my. Clients.
I have two clients who's nails are dehydrated and week.
So which out of the two you mentioned

IBX Boost, or INK London's Fortify

Which one would you advice as was a little shocked on the price on the IBX but if that's something worth investing.

Thank you all for your replies
[emoji173]️

Hi all so I'm going to go ahead and purchase some products to help. With my. Clients.
I have two clients who's nails are dehydrated and week.
So which out of the two you mentioned

IBX Boost, or INK London's Fortify

Which one would you advice as was a little shocked on the price on the IBX but if that's something worth investing.

Thank you all for your replies
[emoji173]️
Also been advised to try from the gel bottle brand 'rubber base' or 'flubber' from London ink

Latest posts

Back