Favourite gel polish?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fran_91xX

Reaction score
I want to do some gel polish training soon, however I was wondering whether anyone prefered Shellac, Gelish or Opi? I have had Gelish treatments before on myself, but not Opi or Shellac. Do you prefer the consistancy/colour range/application of one in particular? I have only qualified recently so I would really appreicate any advice before investing : ) xxx

Never tried Shellac or OPI only Gelish, but since i offer Gelish to my clients, I'll say i prefer Gelish, I just love all the colors and its so easy to work with :D

Shellac ticks all the boxes for me, very easy to use, no faffing with dry brushing or buffing of the natural nail, easy removal, no damage to nails, great colour range, endless layering options plus all the benefits of CND support, education, innovation...Additives to make nail art stunning and easy..plus the new Brisa Lite.
There's a reason why CND are market leaders and its the reason I chose Shellac.

Whilst Shellac is not a gel polish my clients get great long lasting wear, no chipping and the new Brisa Lite will make Shellac even more amazing.

Its worth trying the other two that you haven't had on your nails before you decide.

I tried loads before I eventually bought and decided on Gelicure and Gelish. I think overall I prefer Gelish. I did the OPI training recently and decided not to buy.

There are hundreds of threads asking this question, do a quick search. We all have our favorites though, so try for yourself.

I use shellac and I have done the training, it's my fav but I do think they need more colours.... Which they are bringing out now so I'm 100% happy :)

I use gelish so I say gelish ! Amazing colours , it lasts and my clients love it ! 😁

Thanks for the replies everyone, maybe I need to go to another salon and get them all done and decide that way! xxx

I have Gelish and Shellac at the salon. I started off with Shellac and have all the colours but clients wanted more of a colour choice so I got Gelish in as well.
I wear both and love both. It takes me the same time to remove both and more or less the same time to apply.
I actually had 2 clients ring up the other day and asked for Gelish by name so clients can be quite brand aware with gel polish due to all the publicity.

Latest posts

Back