Faze 2 & Solar Oil

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mani-fique!

Reaction score
Does Solar Oil penetrate Faze 2? Also is it ok to use as an alternative to buffing to a high shine? I understand that it gives a nice glossy finish am I correct?

Would you still use the black and white side of the Girlfriend then use Faze 2?

sorry for the questions....

thanks

Mani-fique! said:
Does Solar Oil penetrate Faze 2? Also is it ok to use as an alternative to buffing to a high shine? I understand that it gives a nice glossy finish am I correct?

thanks

I may be wrong, but I don't believe solaroil does penetrate the enhancement after Faze sealer is applied...as it is what is says ..a 'sealer' sealing out stuff.

The salon where I go buffs the nails down to a 240 grit, then solaroils, then scrubfresh's then faze seals.

No girlfriend in sight, shiny nails though, but I have to say, I do prefer the girlfriend shine, only as I am a nail tech. and find the Faze starts to wear real quickly when I get back to work.

When I do have sealer on though, I put my solaroil on anyway, then put it under my free-edge and around the hypernichium (can't spell that :o ) just for good measure!!!

Hope this helps

Jenny - Nails x x x

Hi
In the last salon where I woked, and now in my own salon, I use Faze 2 as a finish to L&P nails unless the clients prefer otherwise. (none do!)
I have used this for more than two years and never had a problem, except when I had a bad batch once........ (almost had a fit at the time!!)lol

My clients often come back anywhere from 2 to 6 weeks later, with shine still intact... but, because they look so good, I do get trouble getting people to come in for infills on time... They remain fabulous as long as solar oil is used regularly, because I apply the faze 2 much the same as polish, with a very thin gap around the edge, the oil can then penetrate at the sides of the nails, and if a client has a natural nail overlay, I ask them to apply solar oil under the free edge too!
My girlfriend buffers seem to have become pretty much redundant, except for during manicures.

Sue

Mani-fique! said:

thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back