Faze gel

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

cristine

Reaction score
Hi

Im thinking of trying the Faze gel and would like to know if this is good for tip overlay and sculpts.

Also do many of you apply a layer of gel before the tip and would this need to be fully cured and buffed.

Thanks

Cristine :)

Well yes you can sculpt with FAZE..............
No I dont apply a layer of gel before applying tips..........
prep nail......apply a layer of resin......... apply tip...........blend......... buff nailplate, just to reduce the shine of the resin and apply gel as usual.......

just a thought

Hi Ruth

Thanks for your quick reply and all your advice i really appreciate it.

Hi Ruth,

I was interested to read about the layer of resin applied before the tip.
What do you use?
Do you think it gives better adhesion?

Thanks
Lynda

Hi Lynda

I have read that some techs apply a layer of gel before the tip i was not trained to do this i think it is done to provide a better foundation but im not sure.

With the fabric kit the instructions tell you to apply a layer of bond before the tip.

Please can somebody tell me if this right.

Of course if the instructions say to do it then it is right!!

the product is called BOND which implies that it is the first thing to be applied to create a better bond. In the case of fabric#, BOND is a resin and therefore will help with the adhesion of the tip.

Gel is not ,generally speaking, a cynoacrylate resin. I have never heard of applying a layer of gel before applying a tip. Give ma a sound reason for doing so and i'll listen to the logic, but I can't see a chemical reason why this should be an advantage.

This is what I do ...........
I apply a layer of bond before applying my tip.........
it provides a good base for tip adhesion........
Bond is a very thin EC resin and will penetrate the nail plate, so when you apply the tip with EC resin or gelbond you will have the perfect bond........greater adhesion............

As for a layer of gel before tip application..........
When I was taught over 10 years ago, they taught us that too..... the reason being........ new Tech, blending tips, it gave the new tech a safety net for tip blending..............The layer that was pre- applied was a very very thin one.........Or if it was an uneven nailplate to even it out with gel......these where the days before gelbond was invented........

But if you are best friends with your file, you will never file on the natural nail anyway................Pre blending is also brill.......if the natural nail allows you too.......... i.e not bitten to the elbows or mishaped so that you need the sidewalls of the tip to re-enforce or form the nail structure............

Don't quote me here, but I beleive that biosculpture teach you to apply a gel layer before the tip. If I recall my reading correctly it was to protect the natural nail during blending of the tip. They have some articles in the trade magazines and I'm pretty sure this is how they do it.

Never needed this myself.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back