Faze Gel

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Didi

Reaction score
Hi

Could someone explain to me please

When you apply the faze gel and then cure under the lamp for about 2 minutes should it come out tacky?dry?

It will come out of the lamp with a tacky layer on the top.

There is no need to remove the tacky layer if you are applying another coat.

Remove only before filing and shaping.

A tacky layer is normal with gels.

Oh Geeg you always come to my rescue!!!

When you say clean the nail surface before you buff - on the 'faze' help sheet it says buff before you clean?!?!

Also when i did a practice nail just now when i did clean the nail surface after it looks as though there was no gel on the nail afterwards - i dont know whether this is because my workmanship was soooooooo good it look au-natural or i am just crap!! (lol lol lol)

Also i wonder if you could tell me whether the UVA Gel lamp in the creative cat. has a timer on it - i did leave a message with leeds but they are busy at the moment

The reason for my panic is as a mobile i do alot of L&P but just had my first call for Gels next week!!!! - and also i think my crapy lamp is just not doing the job (dont think the light is strong enough!!!

If the gel came off after you wiped it, then it was not cured by the lamp that you have. Incomplete curing of any gel is a prime cause of overexposure that can lead to allergy.

You only need to wipe off the tacky layer of gel before you start to file it to shape and fnish. If the help sheet says to wipe between layers of gel, then it is incorrect.

When you wipe off the tacky layer you should be able to see that the overlay is n place and it should have a shiney surface.

The disco lamp we sell is the one to go for or, if you are interested in Brisa, then you would be best to buy that lamp or the kit and free lamp as it will cure both your gels. Both have a timer.

I am interested in BRISA - but it is not being launched until Olympia (is this right) - also dont you have to go on a course for this gel - or is it in the same concept of Faze??

Are creative already selling the kit?

The help sheet says shape and buff the nail enhancements using both sides of the white faze abrasive then buff with white block until smooth THEN clean the nail surface with lint free gauze pad and scrubfresh!!

Didi said:

The help sheet says shape and buff the nail enhancements using both sides of the white faze abrasive then buff with white block until smooth THEN clean the nail surface with lint free gauze pad and scrubfresh!!
This is correct! Normally after finishing to a smooth finsh, you will then want to add a 2 coats of permanent shine (Faze 2) to the enhancement ... you would have to cean the surface with ScrubFresh to do this or the top coat shine would not stick.

Some do not add the permanent shine coat in which case you could omit the scrubfresh step.

Sorry to sound a bit thick here, but what is Brisa???? Is it a new product being relesed by Creative/Designer???

top.chic said:
Sorry to sound a bit thick here, but what is Brisa???? Is it a new product being relesed by Creative/Designer???
Hi Cassandra

Brisa is the new gel system from Creative - it's being launched at Olympia.:green:

Adele

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back