FB page! Are people seeing your posts?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kinkyboots33

Reaction score
Just as the title says folks :) I have a biz page linked to my own fb page, is that what everyone else has? I ask because unless "likers" click on the "like" tab then "get notifications" they dont get updates/pics - I work pretty hard to keep my page up to date etc but I can see that some on the posts are not being seen :evil: One of my friends had opened a new page/account because of this :confused: So, you dont have "likers" you have "friends" so that way all your post will be seen :rolleyes: Is there anyway round this as I REALLY dont want to start over, I have nearly 500 "likers" on my biz page and dont want to loose them OR is there a way you can move then to a new biz account.

Hope you get what Im trying to say???

Don't know if I get what you're saying - so when it says 160 saw this post, does that mean that 160 people have actually seen it??? Most of my clients do seem to actually see what I put, but don't know why/how as I don't really 'do' FB, just use for business. It's a lot easier if you have an understanding of what gets seen by Joe Public when you're a regular FB user.

Don't know if I get what you're saying - so when it says 160 saw this post, does that mean that 160 people have actually seen it??? Most of my clients do seem to actually see what I put, but don't know why/how as I don't really 'do' FB, just use for business. It's a lot easier if you have an understanding of what gets seen by Joe Public when you're a regular FB user.

yeah, is it says 160 saw your post then they will have - but if you have 500 likers then surely most should see it? The ppl that have clicked on "get notifications" will see every post but only a very small amount of ppl actually do that. So, you dont have a personal fb page on one page for your biz?

This is something I don't understand... I have only recently set my page up only got 41 likes ha! But one of my posts last week apparently over 200 people were reached (pic attached) does that mean 200 people clicked on my page to view this? Confused!

Attachments

• ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1363342443.276751.jpg
    ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1363342443.276751.jpg
    127.3 KB · Views: 247
I'm guessing here because I too would like the answer to this but maybe a 'liker' shared or commented on it then all her friends saw it via that??? As I say guessing so hopefully someone else knows more!x

If you have 500 likers that doesn't mean that everyone is constantly logged in and looking at your post, and not everyone has news feeds turned on, or indeed even look at their news feed.

It is important to understand that a Facebook page with 500 fans will not generate 500 eyeballs on each status update.

The typical page gets 5-15% view rates, it's not guarenteed that all your likers will see every story. So, I wouldn't cut off your nose to spite your face and start again with another page!

The "trick" is creating engaging and interesting posts, the more interaction the story gets (in terms of comments and likes), the more people that are going to see it. It works almost the same way that a search engine works.

Last edited:
This is something I don't understand... I have only recently set my page up only got 41 likes ha! But one of my posts last week apparently over 200 people were reached (pic attached) does that mean 200 people clicked on my page to view this? Confused!

if one of your likers like your status and one of there friend have a nose...

If you hover over the "xx people saw this" bit- you'll see that it's split up into organic and viral.

If you've had a story that people have liked or commented on then it will show up on other peoples feeds and spread "virally"...and this is a GOOD thing :)

If you have 500 likers that doesn't mean that everyone is constantly logged in and looking at your post, and not everyone has news feeds turned on, or indeed even look at their news feed.

It is important to understand that a Facebook page with 500 fans will not generate 500 eyeballs on each status update.

The typical page gets 5-15% view rates, it's not guarenteed that all your likers will see every story. So, I wouldn't cut off your nose to spite your face and start again with another page!

The "trick" is creating engaging and interesting posts, the more interaction the story gets (in terms of comments and likes), the more people that are going to see it. It works almost the same way that a search engine works.

But, If they click on the get notifications tab should they get notified of new posts?
So, you dont think it would get more views having a biz page type page, as in your biz page isnt linked to your personal one so the page has friends rather than likers?
Im pretty useless at all this technical shizz :rolleyes:

If you hover over the "xx people saw this" bit- you'll see that it's split up into organic and viral.

If you've had a story that people have liked or commented on then it will show up on other peoples feeds and spread "virally"...and this is a GOOD thing :)

I have ppl like and comment but it hasnt become viral?

ok, just checked my tictac post and its showing 218 views 185 viral - is that good?

I've been trying to work this out too, I have 150ish likes but some posts have 900 views and lots more engaging. My sister worked in online marketing so I will ask her and see if I can let you all know what she says about it xxx

I've been trying to work this out too, I have 150ish likes but some posts have 900 views and lots more engaging. My sister worked in online marketing so I will ask her and see if I can let you all know what she says about it xxx

But, i just told you why this is! a few posts up! :eek:

If person A (who likes your page) sees a story and interacts from seeing it on their newsfeed, it then goes onto THEIR newsfeed and person B (who isn't a liker of your page) will see that story too, and if they interact it goes on and on.......

ok, let me get this right tho? when you put a post up on your BIZ page they will need to have clicked on "get notifications" BUT if you have a separate page (mine being Nails in Colour) all your pics/post will show up on all your friends new feed?

That depends on your likers/friends settings...

First of all, well done extensionize for explaining this as its so hard to get people to understand how pages work.

Secondly...if you don't really understand how the 'people who have seen this' part if your page then don't even stress about it. It's a tool for people who want to see how their pages are being seen and it will become more obvious to you the more you use it.

Basically...it doesn't matter how many people 'like' your page. If you post stuff that no one is interested in you may as well not bother.
What you need are posts that people will 'like', comment or share...engaging posts as extensionize has said.
Also the 5-15% of people that see your status, it means nothing unless they click on it.
You need these few to engage with your post, this will then make it show up on other people's news feed, which will hopefully make them engage in it and so on...

My advise for now would be to keep your page, encourage people to check in (you can add location to your page) and encourage people to share.

Make your posts exciting!

The numbers mean nothing until you know how to use them so work at it.
Running a Facebook page is pretty much a part time business in itself! Lol x

First of all, well done extensionize for explaining this as its so hard to get people to understand how pages work.

Secondly...if you don't really understand how the 'people who have seen this' part if your page then don't even stress about it. It's a tool for people who want to see how their pages are being seen and it will become more obvious to you the more you use it.

Basically...it doesn't matter how many people 'like' your page. If you post stuff that no one is interested in you may as well not bother.
What you need are posts that people will 'like', comment or share...engaging posts as extensionize has said.
Also the 5-15% of people that see your status, it means nothing unless they click on it.
You need these few to engage with your post, this will then make it show up on other people's news feed, which will hopefully make them engage in it and so on...

My advise for now would be to keep your page, encourage people to check in (you can add location to your page) and encourage people to share.

Make your posts exciting!

The numbers mean nothing until you know how to use them so work at it.
Running a Facebook page is pretty much a part time business in itself! Lol x

ok, Im pretty much certain I do know how pages work - pls correct me if I have said anything that has been incorrect, Im not great with FB technicalities.

Can any of you guys take a look at my page and see if im going wrong somewhere? would be much appreciated :)

I do spend a lot of time advertising on various different local fb pages, updating pics and adding the kirby grip post/image but its bookings I need :-(

You haven't said anything incorrect, I'm just saying that you don't need to stress yourself with it :)
Ok, if people click on 'get notifications' it means that when you post they get a little number 1 on the icon at the top of the page(where you get told that someone has commented on your status etc..) telling them you have posted but its then up to them to click on the notification to see the post.
BUT it also makes the post less likely to come up on there news feed (I've found this with pages that I've clicked on get notifications for.) and they generally get annoyed with the notifications and so are less likely to look at your page.
So in effect it has a negative outcome generally.
You are best putting engaging type posts on your page and letting them do the work for you.
There's a thread on here pictures/quotations for Facebook that is really good.

I hope this helps xx

Latest posts

Back