Feather Hair Extensions

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Taralass

The Tan Room
Reaction score
Hi Ladies

I have ordered a bulk load of feathers and a kit and was wondering what people are charging to do this?
I was thinking £8 for one £12 for two?

Ideas please..x

Where did you get yours from if you don't mind me asking? If you're mobile I'd charge a flat fitting fee plus cost per extension x

It was suggested to me to charge £15 for one. It depends how much you are buying them for and you don't want to be stuck with aload of them!

I think i purchased them from Featherray.com

People will be coming to me to have them done.

I have a tanning salon so hoping they will go down well : )

In the United States salons are charging anywhere from $5 to $20 per feather depending on the quality of the feathers.

The salons in the UK that buy from our company have been charging £5 to £10 per feather for both the long skinny and long wide feathers. Super premium feathers of 12 inches or longer are absolutely in the £10 to £15 range each.

Feathers must really be starting to go crazy in the UK, we've received hundreds of orders in just the last few days.

Feel free to ask any me anything about feathers. We have lots of data we can share such as most popular colors, lengths, demographics, etc. I'm an employee at HauteHairFeathers.com in the United States. The feather extension trend has been big here for over a year now so if I can't answer your question, someone at our company surely can.

A bit of useful information - The feather quality is generally defined by the width and length. Top quality feathers will be slightly wider, similar to the width of a pencil. Many feather retailers sell feathers that are called "midge" feathers - they are very very thin and not nearly as attractive.

Another pitfall that first time feather buyers fall into is buying non-genetic feathers. There are many companies that sell "rooster feathers" - they are very stiff and webby, not suitable for hair extensions.

The third and final pitfall that many salons run into is feathers from their local fly fishing store. The factory dyed feathers you would find at a fly fishing shop do not have 100% permanent dye. It can run out into your clients hair and stain it. Color correction anyone?

Avoid those three major pitfalls and no matter who you buy from you should do well - feathers are beautiful and a VERY lucrative product for salons and stylists.

I charge £7.50 for two feathers put together to create one strand. They seem to be doing okay.

Hautehair

Can i buy a bulk order from you??

I have festivals and craft fairs that i am attending this yr.

Do you have a website so i can view colours etc please.

Everyone who PM'd questions should have answers in their inbox. Thank you for the interest! It's exciting watching the trend explode in the UK.

Here is a graph of the extreme growth the trend is seeing in the UK right now.

Google Trends: feather hair extensions

this may help, as a resource. The number one wholesale feather hair extensions for UK salons
The benefits for UK salons fitting feather-your-heads is huge

Your salon shows itself to be on trend and embracing new ideas and techniques.

The profits are exciting; feather-your-heads take on average 8 minutes of a stylist’s time (5 minutes consultation, 3 minutes fitting).

No training required, our products come with fitting instructions, and are very simple to apply.

Even with your salon profit attached Feather-your-heads Feather hair extensions, are inexpensive enough to be an impulse buy for your already visiting clients (as well as drawing in new clients).

Large demographics! Feather hair extensions appeal to different age and social groups, simultaneously 16 -50, from scene hair to preppy, towie to teachers.

Latest posts

Back