Fed up with rude people

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sassy Hassy

Reaction score
I feel really fed up today, is it me or are people just rude?

I get fed up with stroppy drivers who can never say thank you when you let them go first, people who can't say hello, shop assistants who can't say please or thank you, and old people who have such a chip on their shoulders and are probably the rudest of them all. Is it a regional thing, I live in Fareham on the South Coast, or have manners bypassed the 21st century?

Would welcome any comments as I am tired of being the nice guy, b ut don't want to sink to the level of the others!

Hi Sarah

I know what you mean and its all down to lack of customer service training or lack of ............... I remember a while ago I was taking back some trainers for my daughter, the shop assistant was so rude but I wernt having any of it lol.......in the end she pushed the phone over to me and said phone the boss yourself I said HELLO do you think I would be standing here with a hearing dog if I could use the phone, and that was a shop ih Fareham spooky. To tell you the truth I have since moved to Nottinghamshire and I find the people so much more helpful and chilled lol, might just be me but peeps seem to have more time for you up here.

Take care Dawnie xxxx

Hi

Its definately the same case in Leeds. Rude shop assistants, rude people in general..... and yes, often the worst can be old people who expect everyone else to be angels to them!!!

Grrrrrrr.

I blame watchdog, it encourges people to go back in and complain bitterly even if they are in the wrong!

People in the Uk do seem to be ready to jump down your throat at the least little thing .... my theory is that underneath there are allot of very angry people in the UK ... a sweeping generalization I know but it does seem that way, and who can blame them?

The weather is gloomy most of the time.
It is stressful to make even the shortest journey on the roads.
If you're ill it's impossible to be seen in a timely fashion and even then most of the time we have no faith in the doctors' judgement anymore.
YOu go into hospital and come out sicker than when you went in.
High taxes for a pityful return in the country's infrastructure.
High prices.
No faith in government.

And older people must be a bit bewildered themselves at all these changes.
I have to say it is very nice to be living in a country where the elderly are really loved and respected and looked after by their families and where by and large people are pretty happy and enjoy the good things in life which they consider to be ... Family, food and drink, fiestas and sunshine! OH and football!!!

thanks for that geeg..really cheered us up...NOT lol x I think when people show their anger or are grumpy it's very rare that they are actually mad at YOU...they are just looking for someone or anyone to take it out on <sigh>. I have to say on trips abroad, Turkey being one of the places, the people were so helpful and friendly and had a genuine concern for others..on arriving back at our airport (to a rude assistant who couldn't even be bothered to look up as she spoke) I remember thinking I would be so embarrassed to bring people from abroad back to our country...it's really sad and such a shame as it just seems to be a downward spiral to me......saying that there are still MANY good, caring people around for sure :)

Thanks guys, I was beginning to think it was just me! Hey Geeg I guess you are right, no wonder you live in Spain!Perhaps we should form a new society, Nail Technicians Against Rude People!

You are so right!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Bodacious said:
I blame watchdog, it encourges people to go back in and complain bitterly even if they are in the wrong!

That is really spooky. I lived in N Ireland for 2 years and the people there were the nicest and most friendly you could meet
Dawnie said:
Hi Sarah

I know what you mean and its all down to lack of customer service training or lack of ............... I remember a while ago I was taking back some trainers for my daughter, the shop assistant was so rude but I wernt having any of it lol.......in the end she pushed the phone over to me and said phone the boss yourself I said HELLO do you think I would be standing here with a hearing dog if I could use the phone, and that was a shop ih Fareham spooky. To tell you the truth I have since moved to Nottinghamshire and I find the people so much more helpful and chilled lol, might just be me but peeps seem to have more time for you up here.

Take care Dawnie xxxx

hi i know what you mean today i am sooo p?>@{{ off i cant even tell you , i truly feel like i am gonna explode, and it isnt like me coz i am really reasonable sometimes in this case too reasonable and then people just walk all over you and speak to you like your an idiot , sorry im just typing wot im thinking, right i ma gonna g put my head in the oven lol (it wouldnt kill me coz its electric) typical !!

Latest posts

Back