Fed up

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

user 16337

Reaction score
I'm so fed up with my job :cry: .

I'm a legal secretary and have been for 7 years. I used to enjoy my job but now I hate it! I want to do what I love the most which is in the beauty area.

I'm about to start NVQ beauty therapy level 2 in september (I've completed NVQ beauty therapy Level 1 and VCTC Level 2 nail treatments). I can't wait until I am be able to leave my job and hopefully get a job in a salon (even though after level 2 there are lots of other beauty related courses I want to do).

This can't come soon enough.

OMG I so know how you feel hun, I used to be a legal sec (a few years ago now though), like you enjoyed it at first then eventually felt like if I even saw another contract or will I would go insane (I was in the job about 2 years)

good luck with breaking into beauty xx

thank you. You got the lucky escape by getting out after 2 years wish i had. feels like it is going to take forever to get where i wanna be. i so wanna cry

Will your level 2 course mean full time college, I mean will you leave your job then, in September? Or will you carry on working and do that as an evening course or something? Sorry to be dim, not sure how these things work exactly :hug:

Look at your job as a means to an end. If it wasn't for your job you probably wouldn't be able to afford to do the beauty course, and it will support you while you're at college. And there's light at the end of the tunnel, at least you know that it's only for a while longer then you can chuck it! Oh, and it took me ten years in the wrong job before I made the leap into beauty, so seven years isn't bad, lol!

Good luck with your course.

Sending you hugs, hang on in there. You'll be doing your course before you know it!! :hug: :hug:

You have made the first positive steps to making that big change in your life. You have set yourselves goals rather than dreaming about it and you should be proud of this - many people just say they wish they could do it, but you ARE doing it and that takes guts and determination! Just put up with the crappy job knowing that there is light at the end of that tunnel. :hug:

thanks guys i feel much better now

my course is in th evenings 5 while 9 can't wait:)

Latest posts

Back