Feedback of OPI GelColor strengthening base coat

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

beautyxperts

Reaction score
Hi Geeks,

I'm currently using a different brand that I'm having trouble restocking and delivery times are too long (10 days atm), so I'm looking for feedback for OPI gel color strengthening base coat. I'm trained in a few systems inc OPI gel color but haven't used it for sometime and this base coat is new to myself.

Are there any techs using this? If so, are you finding it is lasting and giving the extra strength needed?

I am using the OPI Strengthen Base Coat on my own nails, and I think it is really quite good. It does add a decent amount of strength to my manicure and I find my nails are growing pretty long without breakage. It doesn't really change the nails, that is, it only strengthens while it's on the nails. I am very impressed with how long it lasts. I'm getting two weeks easily, which is better than I get with the regular base coat. The best part is how easily it removes - a five minute wrap and soak, and it comes off completely, even better than CND Shellac. The only downside is that it is a bit thicker than the regular base coat and I find that makes it a bit tougher to apply as thinly as it should.

I would agree. I'm in love with this base I've been using it on everyone. Even girls who's nails never grow or just break all the time have been actually having awesome luck with this. The ridge fuller base coat is great too for those bumpy nails. It lasts just as well as the original and I almost find that it comes off easier.

I'm so happy this was on here, because I been wanting to buy this for sometime now but was a little skeptical but ended up buying it today finally. I just want my clients to have stronger and healthier nails for their gel manicures because I usually use gelish with 2 top coats and just charge a little extra for that. I have a late client tonight I'm going to try it on and I'll let everyone know when I'm done! I'm excited now!!!

Thank you for the replies I'm going to order some tomorrow and trial it on myself but from you're feedback it should be good x

I switched to this for myself and haven't looked back. I find it a little harder to apply as it is thicker and if you keep working it, it can get stringy. I really like the removal and it is wonderful for someone like me with healthy but weak/flexible nails. It allows my gel polish to stay on without chipping. I'm not convinced it actually makes my natural nail stronger without gel polis though. Time will tell I guess.

You'll love it!

Hi Geeks and nail lovers! Have any of you used the OPI Gel strengthening base with other brands of gel? Or do you only use it with OPI color gel? I've been very 'by the book' and haven't mixed brands but have heard that you can. I'd love to hear thoughts and experience. Big thanks and Happy Holidays. Jill

I've stuck with only OPI. Sorry I can't help more!

Is it only me finding it harder to remove? ☹️

I find it easier to remove. What are you having issues with it?

I find that after leaving in wraps the colour cot pops off leaving the base behind and having to rewrap c

Hmm that rarely happens to me and what is left pushes right off. Hmmm

I am using the OPI Strengthen Base Coat on my own nails, and I think it is really quite good. It does add a decent amount of strength to my manicure and I find my nails are growing pretty long without breakage. It doesn't really change the nails, that is, it only strengthens while it's on the nails. I am very impressed with how long it lasts. I'm getting two weeks easily, which is better than I get with the regular base coat. The best part is how easily it removes - a five minute wrap and soak, and it comes off completely, even better than CND Shellac. The only downside is that it is a bit thicker than the regular base coat and I find that makes it a bit tougher to apply as thinly as it should.
I also love their Strengthen Base...question though. The color just slides right off, amazing! But do you push off
I also LOVE this product, but on SOME clients after I remove the wraps the color just slides off but other times the base is still on...as if the wraps just warmed up the base. So I just lightly buff it off....should I just rewrap to get the base off?

I probably would... someone said that OPI trainers said you could leave it on too... id just soak the rest off... do you use heated mitts?

Hi I leave the base on because of the keratin in the product buff lightly and go on to the prep for gel polish application.

It only is stubborn if you use acetone. If you use expert touch remover it flakes off

[merged posts]

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Back