Feedback on Gelish hard gel or recommendations for a (preferably soak off) hard gel?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MummyK

Reaction score
I have sadly decided to give up on nsi secrets removable gel for extensions as its not working for me. I currently use gelish and love it for natural nail overlays but am wondering about their hard gel but its not soak off... Can anyone recommend a good quality soak off brand or any feedback on gelish hard gel? Is it buff off only?

Gelish hard gel is file off only. I use it all the time and find it a dream to work with.

Gelish structure gel is their soak off version, it's okay for the odd repair but not strong enough for a full set of extensions. x

Hi mummyk what problems are you having? X

For white tips they look greAt but when I did a set with clear gel and did a gelish overlay you could see the join and they were a little lumpy... Am using pro impressions tips so not blending but the gelish overlay was light blue which probably didn't help. I am wondering now if I am using too small a bead having watched some tutorials last night ....

Cheeky chic, is it tricky to remove? and I am guessing I would only need clear builder gel and pink as I have gelish foundation and top coat, ph bond already?

Last edited:
Cheeky chic, is it tricky to remove? and I am guessing I would only need clear builder gel and pink as I have gelish foundation and top coat, ph bond already?

Gelish foundation isn't designed to be used with Gelish hard gel? Or am I confusing what you mean?

Nope not tricky to remove at all, it files off like butter.
Have you trained in hard gel? If not I'd definitely recommend taking a class. It will cover troubleshooting and everything else. x

That's good to know, will give it a try. Sorry I meant the phbond and top coat for when applying gelish overlay. Have trained locally but not much support since. Will look into , thanks xx

That's good to know, will give it a try. Sorry I meant the phbond and top coat for when applying gelish overlay. Have trained locally but not much support since. Will look into , thanks xx

Haha you confused me for a minute there.
x

Gelish foundation isn't designed to be used with Gelish hard gel? Or am I confusing what you mean?

Nope not tricky to remove at all, it files off like butter.
Have you trained in hard gel? If not I'd definitely recommend taking a class. It will cover troubleshooting and everything else. x
I am interested in this too, do you use the French White thats like a polish, or do you use the white builder gel? Or both. The white builder gel is not in the kit, also its the dark pink in the starter kit. Which ones do you use most?

I am interested in this too, do you use the French White thats like a polish, or do you use the white builder gel? Or both. The white builder gel is not in the kit, also its the dark pink in the starter kit. Which ones do you use most?

I use the clear builder, clear gel, white builder, pink builder & dry armour.
I have the White polish & the dark pink gel but haven't used them as I haven't needed to. x

I use the clear builder, clear gel, white builder, pink builder & dry armour.
I have the White polish & the dark pink gel but haven't used them as I haven't needed to. x
Thanks your input, I am thinking of starting up again after a long break. I did Acrylics years ago and loved doing the pink and white sculpted on forms. Products have changed so much over the last 10 years its a minefield. I live in Mallorca and I am looking at going over to the UK to do a couple of courses, but deciding which to go for is a boggling my mind.

Latest posts

Back