Feedback please: eyelash extensions

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rate these lashes out of 10

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Reaction score
Hi Ladies!

I'd really appreciate some feedback on my eyelash extensions. I have just qualified and I have only practised on four people (including my boyfriend!). I am finding that the lashes clump together a lot is this the glue? Any tips would be really appreciated!

Thanks

Lauren xx

Attachments

• 2017-11-08-PHOTO-00000816.jpg
    2017-11-08-PHOTO-00000816.jpg
    96.9 KB · Views: 161
  • hannah-lashes-three.jpg
    hannah-lashes-three.jpg
    378.5 KB · Views: 155
  • hannah-lashes-two.jpg
    hannah-lashes-two.jpg
    260 KB · Views: 153
  • hannah-lashes.jpg
    hannah-lashes.jpg
    375.9 KB · Views: 148
  • josh-lashes.jpg
    josh-lashes.jpg
    91.5 KB · Views: 154
Are you swiping the extension along the natural lash before applying?

Hi

Yes I am dipping lightly to get a bead and then wiping the full length of the natural lash and then attaching it.

Do you think that's the issue? I can try and do that part more carefully...

Thanks,

Lauren x

Hmm it sounds like you're doing that part right!
Are you definitely getting an extension on each natural lash? Sometimes when I miss the odd lash it looks clumpy instead of fluffy?

Hmm it sounds like you're doing that part right!
Are you definitely getting an extension on each natural lash? Sometimes when I miss the odd lash it looks clumpy instead of fluffy?

Hi,

I could be missing some, I am taking such a long time at the moment that my friends can't lie for the length of time to get 100% coverage. I will keep practising and see how it goes. I'll post some new pictures!

Thanks for your help.

Lauren x

Try sectioning the lashes into 5 put one extension in each section, move to the other eye and do the same. By the time you’re back to the first eye they will have had time to dry and won’t clump together xx

It takes a lot of time to start but you get the hang of it I’ve only just got my time down to 1hr 30 covering every single lash. @bycharlottelouise on instagram for photos. So don’t worry about timing so long as you get the results you’re after I used to take 3 hours x

Thanks @ByCLouise - your Instagram account looks amazing! I went back on the training course yesterday for the second time so I'm ready as I'll ever be! Ha xx

413946c0ad079651e9697a4f34d85161.jpg
2856c9a0d8b6d72e9ffbbd1897221eb1.jpg

Can you help me ladies? I have my first real lash appointment tomorrow and these are the ladies eyelashes. I have never practised on Asian eyes so I am SUPER nervous. Any help would be really appreciated.

Thanks

Lauren

Hi Lauren
:)
I'm new to eyelashes at the moment and am currently trying to get as much practice in as possible ! I was just wondering if you charge clients at present? I am unsure of how much to charge, as I feel me eyelash sets look good but not quite as full as eyelash extensions advertised in salons

Tips
I have a laminated eyelash mapping guide that I follow sat next to me which I find really helps, it means the finished set looks fairly balanced as I've followed a pattern. Also I have a silicone eyelash tray which is ideal as I can sit it right next to the clients head which saves time and allows quick access to the lash strips. I have found that it is best to focus on the quality of the application, rather than focusing on the quantity of eyelashes applied(this used to stress me alot!).

Hope it goes well !

Amy

Hi Amy,

Thanks for your message. I charge £10 at the moment to cover costs and I make sure that they know when I qualified etc. I am exactly the same as you in that they are not as good as salons at the moment. I think it is important to charge though as you need to make sure you don't loose out on lots of money. I was wondering if you had a link to the map that you use?

Thanks,

Lauren x

Hi

Yes I am dipping lightly to get a bead and then wiping the full length of the natural lash and then attaching it.

Do you think that's the issue? I can try and do that part more carefully...

Thanks,

Lauren x

You should never swipe the natural lash with glue, just get your bead and apply to the base of the natural lash. I’d say this is definitely why you are getting lashes clumping together

Please look at Frankie Widdows work she has many great Youtube tutorials too. You won't see better work than hers! https://eyelashexcellence.com/

Another vote here for Frankie at Eyelash Excellence. I joined her online tutorial group so i have unlimited access to all her tutorials/ tips, not just the Youtube freebies (which are fab)

I pay £10 a month for 12 months (I think lol) worth it for ongoing lifetime access xx

You should never swipe the natural lash with glue, just get your bead and apply to the base of the natural lash. I’d say this is definitely why you are getting lashes clumping together
Hi, Thanks so much for your reply - that's really helpful. I have been in contract with a salon and they mentioned to just take a bead as well. Does that affect the bond? We were taught to attach as much of the extension to as much of the lash as possible and to dip 3/4 of the extension into the glue....

Don’t swipe the extension along the natural lash. This is why you are having too much adhesive on the lash and they all stick together. You only need a tiny amount of adhesive x

Hi Amy,

Thanks for your message. I charge £10 at the moment to cover costs and I make sure that they know when I qualified etc. I am exactly the same as you in that they are not as good as salons at the moment. I think it is important to charge though as you need to make sure you don't loose out on lots of money. I was wondering if you had a link to the map that you use?

Thanks,

Lauren x

Hi Lauren

I like using this guide https://artisticmedicalesthetics.skincaretherapy.net/images/9581a3192fc61e3c4446744de51000e5.png I use the natural one.
How did you get on with your appointment ?

Thanks
Amy

Hi Lauren

I like using this guide https://artisticmedicalesthetics.skincaretherapy.net/images/9581a3192fc61e3c4446744de51000e5.png I use the natural one.
How did you get on with your appointment ?

Thanks
Amy

Hi Amy!

The appointment was good - I was really nervous! The client was super happy with the results although because I was sweeping the extension along the lash it did get a little clumpy (I know not to do that now). I ended up using a B & C curl at 0.12. Here's some pics...
dad83cf98d0813b74010d3741060d372.jpg
ad91791ccff27d69184a3915009041c4.jpg
7807287e3fa2b319e757fd43067e5ae2.jpg
. If you have any feedback that would be great!

Thanks,

Lauren

They look lovely, you should be really pleased :) ! Did you use all the same length or graduate ?

They look lovely, you should be really pleased :) ! Did you use all the same length or graduate ?

I tried to do a "cat effect" on her eye to elongate it but you can't really see that in this picture. I did another set last night too... tried to do "kitten" and this time I just attached the lash rather than sweeping it.

fa84baeedb1ee7e8388673e558bc342d.jpg
11b4d490c530852d34547a45aba7b4e5.jpg
4f18b8d2dcfd1005fdb33e72444d04c0.jpg

Latest posts

Back