FeedBack PLEASE

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

taintz

Reaction score
I have been away for awhile but finally I am back.
I am really desperate to get feedback on my work at the moment. As you may recall I haven't been in the industry long. I opened my own salon and closed it within 2 months. I am so far unemployed have moved interstate to help family and I am doing nails from home.

This lady's name is Kylie she is my brothers girlfriend and she is coming to interviews with me to exhibit my work. She has great nailbeds! Only problem is she bites and picks at anything! As you can see from the photo there is a bit of damage to her fabulous nails because she picked the last set off while I was away.
190405resized.jpg

Ok for these nails I have used white welless tips stars cut out. I used Creative's Moxie liquid and Ez Flow's Clear Polymer A Powder.

First I lay down a thin layer of clear to the tips only to fill in the stars and make them slightly wet. Then while wet I sprinkled some glitter. After that dried I dusted any excess glitter from the nail beds. I then continued the enhancements with plain Clear all over.

Kylie was a bit worried after awhile that these were going to be too long for her so in the end they were shortened to show only 1 star but I do like the longer look and I didn't get any shots of the shorter nails.

I don't work with anyone else so I am DYING for people to tell me what they think and give me some feedback on these nails.

THANKS IN ADVANCE

I really like them! what do you use to punch the stars out?

sam1 said:
I really like them! what do you use to punch the stars out?

Thanks Sam

I bought them from NailEx in Southport QLD.
Already punched.

You can get punches for tips but it's not easy and they tend to crack quite often :cry:
The pre punched tips are a much easier alternative.

Never heard of pre punched tips, you learn something new everyday! I'll have to take a look.Hope the job thing works out.:)

Hi jadey, well done for being brave and posting your pics, any criticism given will always be positive.

All I will say is that the tips look a bit wide and a touch flat.hope that helps.
By the way,why do you mix your products IE moxie and Ez flow?

I would have used pink powder to try and hide some of the damage.

hi everyone just wanted to put on my first post and say hello.Lurked around on this site for too long now but love it so its well overdue.If anyone has any useful advice on leasing a salon please let me know as hopefully this is fast approaching.Excited but a liitle nervous.Also sure i might know a few of you so will be good to say hi.x

Hi Louise,welcome to the site, you should move this to a new thread, so people ca say hi, they may not see you on another thread.

Hi nice to meet you have you moved this to a new thread? if not people may not see this post which would be a shame.
Caz xxx

louisenewell said:
hi everyone just wanted to put on my first post and say hello.Lurked around on this site for too long now but love it so its well overdue.If anyone has any useful advice on leasing a salon please let me know as hopefully this is fast approaching.Excited but a liitle nervous.Also sure i might know a few of you so will be good to say hi.x

Hi There

I feel a bit cheeky giving feedback when I am not as brave as you are (as i have not posted a pic on this site yet)

However I too wondered why would you mix the systems?

Personally I would have used Creatives Pink to mask the damage and used clear on the white tip.

They do look a little flat and probably need more structure to them.

But well done for posting your pick your are very plucky to do so. :hug:

Firstly hi.

I think youve done a great job considering you havent been doing nails very long, I maybe would have tried to disguise the damage with a differnt pink.
I wish my clients would have something abit different, very creative!!!
great job!

They look nice the photo has come out really well and clear, ok you can see the nail bed damage through the L&P but the others have told you about this.
Like you I am new to this.
Well Done You!
Caz xxx

Hi

They look nice :cool: i can see the damage a bit you could think about making a customized powder for her to hide it ie flawless and pink??

Lovely nails though hasn't she?

Critique: the little finger looks nice, i would say they are a little touch long. The ring finger is a bit wavy and dippy?? The middle finger is a little wide and far too long. As she has such lovely long nail beds you could pre tailor your tips with a nice curve to make the most of the long beds as it is with the straight across smile line it makes them look shorter. Make your smiles more smiley if that makes sense.

Do You see what i mean??

jac extreme said:
Hi jadey, well done for being brave and posting your pics, any criticism given will always be positive.

All I will say is that the tips look a bit wide and a touch flat.hope that helps.
By the way,why do you mix your products IE moxie and Ez flow?

Thanks Jac
If I chose smaller tips or I filed the sidewalls further they would be short-sided so I would love to hear how to remedy this situation for future applications.
I am trying to put up some other photos from different angels to show & get further feedback on but my website is lagging quite a bit. Perhaps later.

Regarding mixing products. I Prefer Moxie for my work and normally Creative powders also BUT on this occasion I was specifically asked for clear and the only clear I had was Ez Flow. I don't like q monomer as much as moxie so generally if I am doing glitter tips or nail art I use Ez Flow powders but Moxie liquid.

Thanks so much for your time.

marie111 said:
I would have used pink powder to try and hide some of the damage.

Thanks Marie I actually wanted to do a flawless mix to mask the imperfections a little but Kylie was insistant that she have clear this once.

She ended up agreeing with me once we were finished.

Fab Freak said:
Hi There

I feel a bit cheeky giving feedback when I am not as brave as you are (as i have not posted a pic on this site yet)

However I too wondered why would you mix the systems?

Personally I would have used Creatives Pink to mask the damage and used clear on the white tip.

They do look a little flat and probably need more structure to them.

But well done for posting your pick your are very plucky to do so. :hug:

Thanks so much. I have to say it is bloody scarey But everyone is nice so don't be afraid jump out here like me.

When you talk flat are you meaning in arches or c curves??? (small confusion)

Little Angel said:
Hi

They look nice :cool: i can see the damage a bit you could think about making a customized powder for her to hide it ie flawless and pink??

Lovely nails though hasn't she?

Critique: the little finger looks nice, i would say they are a little touch long. The ring finger is a bit wavy and dippy?? The middle finger is a little wide and far too long. As she has such lovely long nail beds you could pre tailor your tips with a nice curve to make the most of the long beds as it is with the straight across smile line it makes them look shorter. Make your smiles more smiley if that makes sense.

Do You see what i mean??

Thanks so much. We kept them that long to get photographs with the 2 stars but she left here with them filed down to only 1 star left Sad but if they had to be shorter then 1 star had to go.

I thought these smiles were lovely (I didn't do them they are supposed to be pretailored tips) But I can see where they could definately be improved upon if I took it slightly deeper and sharper into the corner.

As far as being wide I still don't know how to fix it without shortsiding the nail :Scared:

The waves (I have to go back and take another look at the photo) But It is such a shame I missed them. Something that could have been so simple. (does anyone else not see the obvious after completing a set of nails or is that just me?)

Thanks so much

taintz said:
Thanks so much. We kept them that long to get photographs with the 2 stars but she left here with them filed down to only 1 star left Sad but if they had to be shorter then 1 star had to go.

I thought these smiles were lovely (I didn't do them they are supposed to be pretailored tips) But I can see where they could definately be improved upon if I took it slightly deeper and sharper into the corner.

As far as being wide I still don't know how to fix it without shortsiding the nail :Scared:

The waves (I have to go back and take another look at the photo) But It is such a shame I missed them. Something that could have been so simple. (does anyone else not see the obvious after completing a set of nails or is that just me?)

Thanks so much

hey

I can ALWAYS pick at a set of nails i have done at the time i think perfect. then later i look at them and thick hmm could have done this or that. I think if you can see your faults in your work you progress and always get better.
I dont mean to be too critical and to be honest i was looking only at the bottom hand. i hope i havnt up set you:o . You see on the bottom ring finger were it dips in at the sides on the side walls??

Little Angel said:
hey

I can ALWAYS pick at a set of nails i have done at the time i think perfect. then later i look at them and thick hmm could have done this or that. I think if you can see your faults in your work you progress and always get better.
I dont mean to be too critical and to be honest i was looking only at the bottom hand. i hope i havnt up set you:o . You see on the bottom ring finger were it dips in at the sides on the side walls??

LA I can see it now it's pointed out to me (bad hey) but thank god I'm not the only one. I keep trying to find my other photos to get full perspective. Arrgghhh

You definately haven't upset me I really appreciate all the feedback I can get. I left you some rep for taking the time. Thanks.

The color is these shots is not great but they are different poses for the purpose of further feedback. (I'm loving it EXTREMELY HELPFUL)

I have some bigger photos if you click on them at the bottom of this page http://www.pbase.com/driftking/nails (same pics just at original size)

medium.jpg

medium.jpg

medium.jpg

Latest posts

Back