Feel cheated

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JacqJacq

Reaction score
Hi everyone

Has extensions done today, was really excited and payed 280 plus 16.99 for a aftercare kit. I asked the lady constantly if the hair she was using was 100% remi hair as she advertised and she said yes many times. As this was the only hair i wanted and hence why i payed nearly 300 for it.

However ive got home and realised the hair in my hair is not remi at all. I saw the packet my hair came in and after some research on the internet i have seen my hair is 100% human but not 100% remi. Its by a company called hairaisers and they do remi hair and its called pure but this is not the hair i had as the packaging is different and i have seen the packaging my hair came in on the website just now and it is the cheaper hair.

She seems lovely and i feel like a fool, 300 is a lot of money to me and i saved to have this done. I wanted 100% remi and made that quite clear.

What on earth do i do now? id like some of my money back but dont think thats gonna happen now. I understand the hair i have is still good quality but its not what i thought i was paying for and she must have known she was lying to me.

Any advice on what to do next would be really appreciated

xxx

If you constantly had to ask her.. i think that maybe you knew when this was happening.. I know nothing about extentions.. but i do know if a client was asking me constantly if what i was doing was what she wanted i would adress any problems or fears she may have had...

Firstly go back and talk to her.. tell her what you have said here.. and see what she says.. no offence but she is the only one who can put your mind at ease..

if she has given you a cheaper option and charged you incorrectly then she owes you an explanation and in my humble opinion a refund of the difference and an apology.

it wasnt xxxxx was it??? I had my hair done their and they caused head sores etc. it certainly wasnt human hair neither as I was told. It went frizzy and nasty after a week.

At the cost of £300 I had it out two weeks later and she refused to refund me,

I went to the local paper who havent run the story despite that salon having tons of complaints!

Last edited by a moderator:
if you are 100% sure it wasnt the hair that you were promised and paid for, you are covered under the consumer rights and trade description act. if you can prove this and tell the salon owner this and she does not comply with the above pieces of legislation you can go as far as citizens advice bureau who will advise you further. . i hope you can resolve this without going that far though. . xx

You need to discuss this with the extensionist. If she refuses to acknowledge your concerns escalate a complaint to the salon manager.

Tricky one!
Its so important that when you have extensions applied that you are completely happy with the hair and the extension tech.
At our salon we make it very clear that if you go for the cheaper hair then is not going to be remy and therefore will be prone to tangling and wont last as long as the remy. However quite often clients prefer to buy the cheaper hair in the knowlegde it isnt remy, with the intention of simply having new hair more often.
You do need to take this issue up with the salon and resolve the issue. They may not be aware? although I doubt this, anyone who applies extensions must understands their trade and products completely.
Good Luck.

What was discussed during the consultation?

Hi, thanks for all your replys guys

It wasnt xxxxx, but your story sounds awful too, horrible to loose so much money and i hope you manage to get it out to the public what this salon is like!

During the consultation i completely made sure she undrstood i wanted the 100@ remi hair she had advertised on her website and thats what she said shed order, she had cheaper options but i went for the 300 pound one as she said it was 100% remi which is what i wanted.

I rang the lady yesterday and she seemed quite ashamed and upset and said the salon she has been working in take 30% of each clients hair she does and as a result she wasnt earning as much money and had tp cut costs somehow! she said my hair was still good but admitted it wasnt remi. I asked for some money back and she offered that if i went back to her she would sort my hair out free of charge. i did that as i felt it wasnt looking very good to get any money back.

She put some remi in my hair ( which it was cos i saw packet which she opened in front of me) and spent good four/five hours on my hair.

It does look better buut if i could turn back time id never have gone there and if i was rich id take it all out and go somewhere else but im just gonna have to make the best of whats in my hair for now.

Thanks again for all advice, really appreciated

xxxx

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi
I think the moral of the story is not to be afraid to raise concerns in business dealings or with shops as a customer, you now have the hair you want, and the salon owner will think twice about future sharp practice!
I wonder how much money she has made out of this not so well intentioned scam? Many people will not be as clued up as you :|

I do hair extensions and good quality hair extensions really do cost around £300++++ so you havent been ripped off, maybe just not told the truth to.

hi
You need read the whole thread, it was about being lied to about the quality of the hair used, not price :hug:
j

Thanks jonathon c, it was about the quality of hair and not getting what i thought i was,i'm
not bothered about the price, i would have paid her more if it was for remi, like i thought it was getting. It was the fact she knew it wasnt remi that upset me, i personally couldnt do that to someone.
thanks for your replies
xxx

Latest posts

Back