Feel like shouting and crying

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Reaction score
I had a lady in today, she is my most regular client. I did a bright barbie pink gel polish on her.i was happy she was happy.
She put a pic up saying thank u for my nails etc and a friend commented saying 'you went to a salon for these'
And that they were all really wode with a massive gap at the cuticle.

My client then sent me a message saying hi they are actually a bit big gap at bottom.

I wanted to scream! So what do i do? She spent fifty pounds with me today for l&p amd gel polish on fomgers and toes.

I could just cry.

bless u hunni x could you copy and paste the picture here so we could see it?

can see if shes exagerating tand listning to another person?

Or if there is an actual noticable gap xxx

If they do have a larger than usual gap at the bottom then I'd be right on the phone getting her back in to have them redone, you said she is your most regular client, I'd want to keep her happy so she continues returning hun.

Chin up and try not to worry about it too much

Hugs, Kate xx

Do you have a picture of them so we can see what she's talking about?

I don't think what her friend did was very nice, but try not to take it personally.

She said its necause its so bright too.
Her cuticles arent too good shes nibbled them etc.

Ive offered tp redo them on monday morning as this is the earliest I can
do and offer her a more softer colour with a discount as it is still time money products.

Thanks for listenimg geeks
Xx

I'd tell her to take the pic down as you don't want comments like that associated with your business, not for a one off fault. Remember if she's a regular she must love your work!

I need to untag myself, how do i do this from a phone?

Shes been coming to me since my first day. She was my second eber client and even came back to me after i had a baby...

Its justs peed me off, is her friend a bloody nail tech? ( hubby said i shouldve put that but i didnt think thatd be prossional)

Xx

Shes removed the photo so at least no one else can throw stones at
Me!!!

Lets hope she keeps her next appointment as she doesnt want to have me change the colour on monday.

Bloody facebook ey! It's been brilliant for me but people use it in the wrong manner sometimes :-/ can't imagine why someone would make a bad comment like that for everyone to see!!!

Don't get too stressed about it! Your the professional :)

Shes removed the photo so at least no one else can throw stones at
Me!!!

Lets hope she keeps her next appointment as she doesnt want to have me change the colour on monday.

If she wants a colour change on Monday you should charge her full price. Monday is to "put right" only. Anything else should be chargeable.

And exhale.....

If she wants a colour change on Monday you should charge her full price. Monday is to "put right" only. Anything else should be chargeable.

She dpesnt want it changed but wont have it done again.

If that was me amd i hated it that much i would change it. Or have it taken off.

To be fair her "friend" was being a bit rude to not just you but your client as well. if I'd put a picture on of something id paid money for and was happy with only for somebody to bad mouth it then i'd find that quite upsetting. After all if youd put on a pic of your new hair do and someone commented saying youd lost a fight with a lawnmower you'd be fuming wouldnt you

Yeah thats so true!!

People suck don't they!

I think if i dodnt have my kiddies Id be a hermit. People can be so hard work.

I would say that if the gap at the cuticle is quite wide & now that it has been highlighted ( & you find yourself agreeing that this is the case), then if your a professional technician it would be up to you to correct this Free of Charge.
If a client has paid good money (£50 at that) for your services then she deserves the best... £50 to me is at the higher end of the market, so your client deserves a high end service.... As a client, if I was being charged even more money to correct something the technician had done wrong, then I wouldnt be using her services again. .. :0

Obviously I've not seen the nails but I do think some people when they see a bright gel polish mistake the fact the tech has made a neat tidy line that has not touched the skin for a gap. This is because when they paint there own nails they flood their cuticles. Do you think this could be what happens x

Obviously I've not seen the nails but I do think some people when they see a bright gel polish mistake the fact the tech has made a neat tidy line that has not touched the skin for a gap. This is because when they paint there own nails they flood their cuticles. Do you think this could be what happens x

I was thinking this. I know what i did was right, im not going to flood nails and have to deal with it only lasting a day.
It is a really bright pink ( think juicy couture pink, it matchs my juicy sweats perfectly)

How big a gap are we talking? I go right up to the nail fold without touching the skin or flooding. This leaves a very slight gap which isn't visible unless you look closely.

Are you able to post the photo so we can help you out? :)

Xx

Hi, no I cant as shes taken the photo down.

Ive only just begun using gel polishs as my real love is l&p so I guess this is all another learning curve for me.

Latest posts

Back