Feel very stuck in a rut

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

smallandcute

Reaction score
Hello geeks.

I do apologise in advance for the length of this post and how misrible it is too.

End of last month i was forced out of my job (jumped before pushed though) byca company who were failing in the location i was working but instead of offering the support to help build the business the pinned it on me. Now another manager supported me to my company which my company didnt like. This manager pointed out that the launch was a flop, i had been asking for additional training which never happened and on numerous ocassions i had to contact other staff members at head office so my manager could sort things that i needed her to sort. Anyway my managers way of dealing with things was to bring in another staff member that was nothing other then a bully. So much so i would be physically sick going to work. My manager was constantly telling me i wasnt good enough etc. However since leaving the part time girl has also left due to this other staff member and the business is worse now then when i was on my own!

I had another job lined up but that fell through due to them nit being able to giveme the hours i need and a start date months in advance, this was agency work. I have since been desperately applying for other jobs and being told my cv is great, have the right skills and experience etc but that i dont have enough experience and due to my background with jobs in other sectors and my degree im not a suitable candidate.

I am finding my situation increasingly stressful and i dont know what else to do. Whilst i dont have the traditional beauty route i am still qualified to a level 4 standard for some treatments and really want to do other courses such as kim lawless waxing etc. Im finding no one is interested in this either and only want an nvq. I also dont have a penny to my name so i cant even set up on my own and i still have bills to pay!

I cant claim benefits for another ten weeks due to leaving my last job and i am now well and truly stuck. No one will give me job and i have no income to get by and do the training i want to do!

Any thoughts and advice would be great. Hell i would even go back to college for the nvq courses but that would mean i couldnt work full time and when i have rent to pay etc its going to be more then an unlivable option.

Sorry for the rant just need to get it out there

Sent from my SM-G900F using SalonGeek mobile app

Have you got qualifications that you can use for insurance? If so then self employment could be an option. Maybe mobile?
You won't make loads to start with but you can claim tax credits and housing benefit to top up your income until the business can support you. It takes time and hard work but so worth it.
I hated all the politics of being employed, since I went self employed I haven't looked back and can fit other part time courses in as well.
I hope this helps. Xxxx

Is not clear but have you been working in beauty?

I understand the requirement for an nvq. Are your qualifications equivalent? By that I mean are they are one/two day nvq or are they just courses that get you insured?

What are your qualifications in. Could you, for example, just go in somewhere and offer nails perhaps?

I also want to nag everyone on here to put their location. I often have a quick look to see if someone is near me. It could be that I look to offer someone a few days work or if I know someone in their part of the country but so many people put UK etc.

You can offer mobile or rent a room and as has been said, there are a lot of benefits you can claim once self employed.

Good luck

Vic x

Sent from my GT-I9505 using SalonGeek mobile app

You can apply for a hardship allowance, its approx half of the dole money... Not a great amount but its something. Even if you left your job.

What I think is if your stuck, look at something you probably haven't done before, just for now whilst you get on your feet.

Pub/bar work is usually a fairly easy one to get in to.

Care work (ok its not for everyone) there are always loads of jobs with no experience necessary.

Retail

Also ask around, see if anyone knows of any jobs going. Sometimes knowing someone is better than sending an application form in.

Once you've got money coming in id be looking at the bigger picture, maybe get yourself on the Kim lawless training, buy a kit, start up mobile, build a client base, look at renting a room etc...

You can be self employed with shorter courses but a salons insurance doesnt usually cover you if you arent nvq trained (not impossible they could get specific insurance but thats alot of fuss if they did it for everyone. Plus short courses arent usually indepth enough).

Good luck xx

Latest posts

Back