Feeling a bit deflated!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

w33bsh

Reaction score
Hey ladies
Looking for some advice please. Ive been a qualified nail technician for 2years now and during that time ive slowly been trying to build up my business! I wouldnt dream of giving it up as i love doing them especially with nail art!

I just feel that everywhere i look in my small town alone there are atleast 5 salons that provide nail treatments. One of which has already copied my window nail board designs. I know everyone expects a little competition but there are so many new diy nail technicians who think they can go for it without proper training as well as mobile/work from home techs! I just dont know how to get myself recognised! Feeling a bit deflated and any advertising advice etc would b greatly appreciated!! I already have a fb page, business cards i hand out wen someone compliments my work when shopping and a tele ad on the local post office tv.

Thanks ladies x

The only thing that will make you stand out is YOU and if your work reflects that you are different or good enough to stand out!

Best customer service

Best nails

Clean salon

Nice manner with people

Etc

These are the things that make anyone stand out. If you do not deliver better than the rest of the choices in your area then it's not going to happen. As most clients do not want nail art, I would not rely on that. Rely on the above things and you will do well .... There is no reason why you wouldn't.

I know how you feel because it gets to me too although I know it shouldn't! I have most of my clients through word of mouth.
I make people feel welcome, always plant a smile on my face, spotless salon and make sure your treatments the best!
I can't help you with the nail art as I don't do it. I'm never asked for it either.

Thanks ladies! Im glad im not the only one that feels this way. I do all of the above and always give my bus card and ask them to contact me if there are any issues etc.
The only downfall is that there arent goin to be any less techs as the salon along the road are now offering courses on gel and acrylic lol. Never mind il just keep plowing on and try get my name out there!

Thats weird! Most people who come to me like a nail art design! Thanks again ladies much appreciated
Xx

hi, i think it really just depends on what clients you get through your door, as to what service they will require. It is hard but it's the same for everyone working in service industries like you plumbers, builders, gasmenhairdressers etc, there will always be people doing these courses and people are always going to be fighting for competition, so just keep at it:biggrin:

We get a lot of call for nail art in our salon tbh but as said it depends on what clients you have walking through your door. I have to agree on the spotless salon, friendly manner etc but thought I would also mention that it's worth making it know you've done your courses, you have your qualifications, you only use good products and your insured! I'm not sure everyone out there is nowadays so gives clients peace of mind they're in safe hands xx

Latest posts

Back