Feeling a bit down

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LouPink

Reaction score
Hi Guys,

Not normally like this at all but feeling quite down at the minute and don't really have any friends to talk to, part of the reason I'm feeling down.

A few little things have gone on at my daughters school recently (she is nearly 7) and she seems to be getting sidelined a bit which is really upsetting me. Recently she didn't get invited to a girls party who she has always invited to her's and all her other friends did. I know its silly to dwell on things like that, as they get older I know they have to be more selective but I think I have just convinced myself people don't like us. She had a little silly incident at school on Thurs where her and another friend were squeeking in the corridor and they got told off! I would see that as nothing but they blamed each other (as kids do) and both got put on amber for the day. The mum was talking to me yesterday saying how her daughter had been so upset and again I just felt like she was blaming when, when I would just put that down to over excited playing.

My daughter was at a party last night and I just felt like she was being left out. She didn't and it could well just be my imagination but now I cant stop thinking about the little things and thinking the parents are looking down at me.

I lost touch with all of my old friend (other than facebook) and don't want to mention it to family. I know my husband would just say I am being silly.

I have never been like this before but have suddenly started to feel really lonely and self conscious. I am a mobile nail technician so am friendly and bubbly with clients but feel at the minute that is a bit of a front.

Louise xx

I don't think your being silly at all. I think maybe you just need to take your mind off things maybe the fact you fed up is rubbing off on everything. When I'm fed up my emotions get the better of me and I tend to get upset about everything. What makes me feel better is someone to talk to, try getting in contact with a close friend and has a day out or something cheer you up and hopefully that will help. You don't have to talk about you being fed up just have a relaxed day and let the laughs try and lift you up a little. If you need someone to talk to do that with them aswell maybe? Sometimes you just need to get it off your chest and sometimes just something to take your mind off it. I'm sure your daughter is fine I she felt left out or something I'm sure she'll advise you this. At a young age girls go through phases of being close then not. It still happens with my friends now who are in their 20's! :) hope you feel better soon. Xxx

Please don't take this the wrong way but maybe you are over thinking situations? I don't in any way want to offend you, as i know exactly how you feel, but maybe you had one situation what upset you & maybe that is clouding your judgement on other things. I think the other childs mum was just saying het & her daughter was upset in general. I don't think she meant she was putting the blame on you. I could be wrong & unless she said otherwise but i am simply going off what you wrote.

I know how hard it is once you get in the mind set of being lonely/self conscious but things do tend to spiral. Take a few days time out & relax & i'm sure the things you are worrying about will see less worrying :) xx

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back