feeling a bit down

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

I'm a Star

Reaction score
I went for my second days training yesterday. I hardly slept the night before i was so excited and now i am so down hearted.

The first day was alot of theory and watching some demo's. I did my homework read all the info and went for my second day full of excitment. I have chosen to do acrylics in the morning (there are 3 of us on the course) the other 2 girls did a hand each of mine one girl did not such a bad attempt but the others were terrible. anyway our trainers car had broken down and she had rung for breakdown to come so she was in and out and on the phone but these things happen. we had lunch then it was my turn................

Its the first time i had used l&p and was quite nervous as everyone was watching me and the trainer finally had time to watch well things didnt go well i was being to gentle with it and then when i pressed harder i was "ski sloping" the product on the nail i was really trying with all these eyes on me and i got quite upset......... i eventually said i didnt think it was fair that everyone was watching me when noone had watched them and the others did agree the trainer wasnt helping me much and i got quite upset and ended up in tears.
I felt such a fool i cried most of the way home which is an hour and a half away and was upset all night and now not sure i want to go back. I have used my nial trainer and can do it fine on there but i felt i was put on show in the class and being my first attempt very under pressure.

I am still really upset and feel like giving it up but i do so love nails and anything to do with them.

sorry for rambling on but its on my mind constant now

Dont give up hun if this is what you love and want to do.

I was upset after my first, second and third day !!! I had done an essential nails home course, it took me ages to eventually master the adhesive and getting no airbubbles then when i did this other course it was like starting all over again, i was to use a gel adhesive and i was struggling like a good un. Then we were pre blending tips which seem to take me ages and add an extra hour on to my normal time for applying tips etc, how disheartened was i, i was hoping to do this other course and really focus on the areas i was struggling with but ended up starting from the beginning and having all the awful frustrating moments i had when i very first started !

It didnt help that i was really really nervous, put a lot of pressure on myself to "perform" well and produce good nails that i and my trainer was proud of, my trainer did keep instilling confidence in me as i had none at all.

By the end of the 4th day all came good, my confidence was up, i began to believe my trainer and all came good.

It is tough learning something new and i it is hard with people watching, i think you did the right thing in asking them to leave, its also a different environment to what we are used to working in or practicing in. I had to opposite prob re hand trainer, i really struggled with my 7 sets of homework they just didnt seem to look anywhere as nice as working on a real person, i wish i could have taken 7 models ! I had to re-do another model too as i had to change models so i had to do 8 sets, her nails were much much better than the sets on the trainer, how frustrating was i getting.

Anyway, sorry to go on a bit but i do sort of know where you are coming from and i would just say to you hang on in there hun, if you feel teary or just need 5 mins, ask for a break. Trainers are there to help you, if you are worried about a particular area or are struggling with something, ask them and keep asking them questions.

Best wishes, i do hope you continue as you sound like you really want to do it, it will take time, you'll look back on this and ask yourself why you worried so.

kx

Love OPI said:
I went for my second days training yesterday. I hardly slept the night before i was so excited and now i am so down hearted.

The first day was alot of theory and watching some demo's. I did my homework read all the info and went for my second day full of excitment. I have chosen to do acrylics in the morning (there are 3 of us on the course) the other 2 girls did a hand each of mine one girl did not such a bad attempt but the others were terrible. anyway our trainers car had broken down and she had rung for breakdown to come so she was in and out and on the phone but these things happen. we had lunch then it was my turn................

Its the first time i had used l&p and was quite nervous as everyone was watching me and the trainer finally had time to watch well things didnt go well i was being to gentle with it and then when i pressed harder i was "ski sloping" the product on the nail i was really trying with all these eyes on me and i got quite upset......... i eventually said i didnt think it was fair that everyone was watching me when noone had watched them and the others did agree the trainer wasnt helping me much and i got quite upset and ended up in tears.
I felt such a fool i cried most of the way home which is an hour and a half away and was upset all night and now not sure i want to go back. I have used my nial trainer and can do it fine on there but i felt i was put on show in the class and being my first attempt very under pressure.

I am still really upset and feel like giving it up but i do so love nails and anything to do with them.

sorry for rambling on but its on my mind constant now

Hey there ... don't be glum! It is a nerve wracking thing to have all eyes on one especially in that situation when it was your first time ... you were only upset because you didn't perform as well as you knew you could ;)

If you can do nails on the nail trainer, then you can do them on a real person, but you need to be made to feel relaxed and comfortable to do your best. Tomorrow is another day and you make sure that you get yourself in a nice relaxed position with not all the eyes in the class on you and concentrate and you will do just fine.

Try not to let this little set back stop you from doing what you love. After all every person you do will be watching you with interest every time you do nails:rolleyes: Pick yourself up .. dust yourself off .. and you will do OK!! OK?

try not to worry too much, when i first had a go i could have cried, i was so suprised that i wasnt very good at it. sometimes the more under pressure you feel, the worst you perform. sometimes i still get the shakes even now and when my hand starts to tremble the more i try to control it the more of a problem it is.what i do is take a deep breath and relax myself then i think about something else and i'm o.k again.try to forget about your bad day and start afresh on your next session.i think that most techs will tell you that doing nails is not as easy as they expected it to be and even if your nails are not too good at the moment, it doesnt mean that they cant be top class in the future :D

don't worry one day it will all just click in to place. have been doing nails for a few years now.....first year was spent practising whenever i could then 2nd year was creative conversion....came on leaps and bounds.....and i just plodded on doing run of the mill nails but after hearing of this site i can honestly say i am a true nail tech, i read all the tutorials until they clicked in my tiny little head (lol) and my nails are now nails to be proud of!!! I too shed many tears over nails .....but i kept at it and here i am today!!!

oh you poor thing , dont get too stressed about going back ,everyone gets upset when under pressure , when i did my training i had the model from HELL, she really knocked my confidence, i have vowed never to take her again ,lol , but you will be fine, just take it in your stride, good luck love dee

I can so relate to what you're going through. You sometimes look at the nails your creating and think..."what am i doing, can i really do this?"

But lets face it if it was that easy then every Tom, Dick or Harry would be at it and you wouldn't have all these talented special people on here.

I still find it hard at times you can just have off days like anyone. I've been doing it about 3 months and have to practise all the time. Just stick with it and you will get there, and lets face it if its hard at the beginning then you get there it makes it all worth while.:)

thank you all from the bottom of my heart for the messages and private messages its really helped put it back in perspective for me.

I have just done a full hand on my nail trainer and i was so pleased with the out come i got some product on what would be the cuticle area on the little finger and a little product on the side wall of the same finger but other than that they were ok. I got my ratio right which i am chuffed about as i could see the change in it when i counted after i applied the ball to the nail plate. I didnt push down and end up with "ski slopes" i am delighted.

There a long way from being perfect but its boosted me know end. Im leaving it alone for the rest of today finishing on a high which i think if i had done on my training day i dont think i would have felt as bad............. now wheres that wine bottle :)

again thank you all for being so kind i think i would have chucked my passion in if it hadnt been for your kind words

Well i went for my 3rd days training yesterday after a sleepless night worrying. There was another catalogue of events but i wont bore you with that but i really enjoyed the day i learnt lots and felt i got on alot better my trainer really made up for the day 2 she took alot of time to show me stuff on my own as she feels i was the only one intrested in the course as i had done my homework done my home test paper and praciced. One girl didnt turn up and the other wanted to go home at 12 for some concrete being deliverd so they justn dont seem intrested in the course.
Anyway sorry for rambling on my exam is in 2 weeks got my model lined up (good old mum) and feeling alot happier........... oh i just love nails :) and to make me even happier my Scratch mag and Nails mag have just come so much reading to be done

The picure on the front of nails magazine is gross (or is it just me) made me feel sick

Hi

really really pleased to hear how you are getting on now

I also got all my mags this morning, thrilled to bits i got them so early in the month, and agree about the front page of prof nails, im squeemish anyway !! lol

got the desired affect though eh ?..... everyone will be talking about it !

best wishes for your final day hun.

kx

Love OPI said:
Well i went for my 3rd days training yesterday after a sleepless night worrying. There was another catalogue of events but i wont bore you with that but i really enjoyed the day i learnt lots and felt i got on alot better my trainer really made up for the day 2 she took alot of time to show me stuff on my own as she feels i was the only one intrested in the course as i had done my homework done my home test paper and praciced. One girl didnt turn up and the other wanted to go home at 12 for some concrete being deliverd so they justn dont seem intrested in the course.
Anyway sorry for rambling on my exam is in 2 weeks got my model lined up (good old mum) and feeling alot happier........... oh i just love nails :) and to make me even happier my Scratch mag and Nails mag have just come so much reading to be done

The picure on the front of nails magazine is gross (or is it just me) made me feel sick

Good luck in your exam. I think when we are learning the ropes it is such a struggle we all have our up and down days. Keep up the hard work - it will all pay of soon!;)

Oh babe :|

It must have been SO nerve racking with everyone staring at you! But keep up the good work, and at least by you being so upset it shows you've got a realy passion for the industry... Just keep at it and i promise you, before you know it you'll be wondering what you were worrying about! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back