Feeling deflated, 1st nano rings client

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NicoleLo

Reaction score
Evening everyone!

So I fitted my first set of nano rings today on my client who had reallyy thick hair.

I applied 180 strands but I only got about 3/4 of the way up her head and then realised I was running out.

I took out the top layer and it didn’t blend with her natural hair [emoji37]

I’ve told her that we need more hair because her hair is so thick so I’ve ordered more hair and she’s coming back on Tuesday.

I’m just feeling super deflated and wanted to check how many strands other people have fitted in someone with really thick hair.

My mum has been a hair dresser for 25 + years so she blended the bottom bit and it looked okay it was just the top... I’ve attached a picture of what her hair looks like with no extensions so you can get an idea of the thickness.

Any advice before Tuesday would be much appreciated[emoji20]x
3f84bc392971e9b595db9c6ccf9cf2ea.jpg
236976d4c8106ca3ad914f61e032ea13.jpg

It's blunt cut too so I would go for 250. I have really thick hair and I need that amount and I also need them quite high up the bonds need to be thick at the ends too hope this helps

It's blunt cut too so I would go for 250. I have really thick hair and I need that amount and I also need them quite high up the bonds need to be thick at the ends too hope this helps

Thank you so much for the quick response...this is exactly what I was thinking, I’ve ordered 80 more strands so I’m hoping it all blends as I start adding more at the top.

I would cut and layer her hair to shatter the line so it blends better. That’s is you are qualified to do so ?
Also - I ALWAYS start from the top .. that way you can always place your first row and see if it’s high enough and blends. Your sections will be neater too. Do one row. Clip it up and work straight underneath it like brickwork. X

I would cut and layer her hair to shatter the line so it blends better. That’s is you are qualified to do so ?
Also - I ALWAYS start from the top .. that way you can always place your first row and see if it’s high enough and blends. Your sections will be neater too. Do one row. Clip it up and work straight underneath it like brickwork. X

Thank you, I can get my mum to give that a go because she’s a fully qualified hair dresser[emoji1430]
& I will definitely give this a go, I saw a few things online about starting from the top[emoji1419]x

It might feel wierd at first but this is deffo the best and neatest way in my opinion. Good luck Hun x

Latest posts

Back