Feeling deflated

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Brooke_09

Reaction score
Waxing is definitely my weakest area but I have a big job booked in for tomorrow! Basically wants everything gone!

I give my clients the choice of either hot or strip wax. I prefer hot wax on sensitive areas as it is kinder to the client but its much harder to remove :/ ive found it just sticks! And waxing takes me so long!

I'm quite new to it so I'm pretty slow at waxing too. Got my first bikini wax on a client that isn't family or friends tomorrow. Good luck with yours! Xx

Use a good quality hot wax and get a good edge so you're not picking. Don't give them the option of strip!

I always pre oil the area and tissue off the excess and re oil as necessary during the treatment. Also remember to begin and end each strip on a hair free area so that it lifts away from the skin easily without having to pick and get stuck. HTH

I always pre oil the area and tissue off the excess and re oil as necessary during the treatment. Also remember to begin and end each strip on a hair free area so that it lifts away from the skin easily without having to pick and get stuck. HTH

pre oil? Would I have to use a special oil for waxing only? As opposed to like an oil for massage?

Which oil can be used before waxing, are there any specific ones?
I usually clean the area to be waxed with pre wax lotion then then pat down with tissue and then used a bit of talc . If I use oil then should I not use the talc?
Tia

Sent from my SM-A300FU using SalonGeek mobile app

I use peron rigot jasmine oil. It's gorgeous. No, don't use talc if you use oil.

I too use jasmine oil from PR but know a few therapists who only use talc. For me the oil has made waxing so much easier. I use non strip on Hollywood/Brazilian bikini but strip everywhere else, legs, underarms bikini tidy. I use PR Cristal Ocean for strip and Euroblonde for non.
Everyone is nervous with first few paying clients, just relax and it'll get better and easier. Waxing is my favourite treatment, quick and you see results immediately.
Hope today went well for you.

Thanks for your replies :)

Thanks for your replies :)

Thank you all so much for your replies, i really need to look into getting some pre wax oil. Well i did the treatment yesterday and it went ok. Again the hot wax went really sticky and impossible to get off. To be honest i am more pleased amazed that i actually did it? Lol practice makes perfect i guess :) thanks again xx

Thank you all so much for your replies, i really need to look into getting some pre wax oil. Well i did the treatment yesterday and it went ok. Again the hot wax went really sticky and impossible to get off. To be honest i am more pleased amazed that i actually did it? Lol practice makes perfect i guess :) thanks again xx
If you find the hot wax goes a bit Gummy or sticky just put so e pre wax cleanser onto a cotton pad and press it on tip of the wax and it will help it set up so you can get it lifted...
If you don't have a pre wax oil a few drops of baby oil would work.
jack

Just seen this. Hope it all went well. You really shouldn't need props to remove your note wax. Couple of tips that may help:-

1. Make sure that there is oil on the skin under where you're going to pull the end to remove it.

2. Make the end of your wax thick enough and lead to to where there is no hair and that will make it easy to remove.

3. You may find that your wax is a little harder to remove if you heated it too high before you cooled it down so make sure it's been at the correct working temp for long enough.

HTH's.

pre oil? Would I have to use a special oil for waxing only? As opposed to like an oil for massage?

Sorry I didn't reply, I've just had a baby 6 weeks ago so I'm all over the place!
You can use a specific pre wax oil, like the perron rigot jasmin oil which smells gorgeous, but to be honest any pre or after waxing oil, grapeseed oil, mineral oil ( baby oil) are all perfectly fine to use xx

Sorry I didn't reply, I've just had a baby 6 weeks ago so I'm all over the place!
You can use a specific pre wax oil, like the perron rigot jasmin oil which smells gorgeous, but to be honest any pre or after waxing oil, grapeseed oil, mineral oil ( baby oil) are all perfectly fine to use xx
Congrats on the baby. x

Latest posts

Back