Feeling down about my weight

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

New2beauty

Reaction score
:( Just need somewhere to rant really. I have put over 2 st on in the last couple of years it's just kinda crept up on me:eek: I'm only 5ft 2 which doesn't help. I'm really noticing it now and feeling very down about it. As far as excuses go I have been very ill for a long time both physically and mentally. But still...I NEED to lose it. I've got no willpower. I snack rather than eat meals. I don't exercise, granted a lot of the time I physically can't do much but I could do more than nothing! Today I'm having a rotten day. I'm pretty down about everything and anxiety is getting worse. Which doesn't help as food is my comfort :(. My mum keeps telling me how much weight I've put on (and not in an encouraging way!) i know it's all my own fault but I just needed to get it off my chest somewhere that won't judge me! Sorry for the long post xx

We have all been there I'm sure! Don't be so hard on yourself as you may end up comfort eating.
Have you looked into slimming groups? Some can be online so you don't have to attend a club, however, going to a slimming club can really help motivate you and give you the encouragement you need. Mums certainly have a funny way telling us things ey. But try and let her comments go over your head, I'm sure they are coming from a good place really.
I have started making up snack pots - cut up cucumber, carrots and salad peppers and snack on those as and when I can to help keep my metabolism ticking over as I have an under active thyroid.
Main thing is, don't be so hard on yourself and try and get in control xxx

That's sounds tough. You really don't need that sort of negativity around you when you're already struggling. Could you start by telling your mum that far from encouraging you to lose weight, you find her comments cruel and unhelpful and you'd prefer her to keep her comments about your weight to herself?

If you want to try to lose a bit of weight, definitely consider joining a club for genuine support (not digs) either in your neighbourhood or online.

I like nutracheck.co.uk as you can use it either via an App or their website and it's full of useful information plus their forum has lots of positive posts from members.
I also use a Fitbit to count my steps and it's really encouraged me to get up and move a lot more as I try to beat the previous days/week's total. Walking is a pretty gentle exercise and you don't need to spend £xxx on special kit. You can even use a phone app to monitor your progress. My daily step count averages 13K these days but it was probably about 4K beforehand.

Combining the two, I have lost weight and it doesn't really feel like dieting as I can still eat anything I want providing I log it, stay within my calorie limit and keep portion sizes sensible.

Hi lovely, I was in yours shoes last year. I'm such a comfort eater I can't help myself! Whether it's boredom or stress, I eat. Last March I joined slimming world and a year and a bit on I've lost 3 stone, and I couldn't feel better. Don't be daunted by going by urself as everyone is in the same shoes, and in many ways there a great support. In terms of the gym I hate it ! So I can count on my hands how many times I've been. You can do it! Take no notice of what everyone says, do it for yourself [emoji173]️

Thank you so much for your replies. It's Lovely to have some kind responses. I have a difficult relationship with my mum. She is a total fitness/health freak! She always puts me down in any way she can but in a kind of roundabout way or through my kids. It's just how she is. Then I go all snappy and she looks mortally offended and I'm the bad one!!

I will definitely be joining a slimming club I'm sure there's one at the top of my road I just need to build up my courage! I'm going to down load the nutricheck app now AcidPerm, thank you x well done lizzy! 3st is a huge amount to lose and is inspiring to other like myself to actually speak to someone who has done it. I hate the gym too lol. Baby steps for me haha xx

Thank you again xx

Thank you so much for your replies. It's Lovely to have some kind responses. I have a difficult relationship with my mum. She is a total fitness/health freak! She always puts me down in any way she can but in a kind of roundabout way or through my kids. It's just how she is. Then I go all snappy and she looks mortally offended and I'm the bad one!!

I will definitely be joining a slimming club I'm sure there's one at the top of my road I just need to build up my courage! I'm going to down load the nutricheck app now AcidPerm, thank you x well done lizzy! 3st is a huge amount to lose and is inspiring to other like myself to actually speak to someone who has done it. I hate the gym too lol. Baby steps for me haha xx

Thank you again xx

If I can do it you certainly can. Good luck [emoji173]️

Thank you lizzy, i really hope u can xx

Latest posts

Back