Feeling down/doubting yourself

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Christina18

Reaction score
Hi I work for myself and this is more of a rant and just wanted to see if anyone else felt like this! Some times you just feel down, and like your not good enough and then you start doubting yourself and your work! And I’m the type of person I want it to be perfect any treatment I do and that causes to be harsh on yourself! Sorry for the rant xx

Hi don’t doubt yourself. You obviously take pride in what you do and give it your all. Have faith that you are doing an excellent job. I’ve been self employed for almost 20years and some days I feel I could have done a better job. Like you I’m a perfectionist. If you believe you have done your best then you most likely have if you know what I mean.

Thanks for your reply! Yes I’m exactly the same recently after every client I sit there and think about what I could have done better (extreme I know!) and how it went even though I know I did my best! Been doing this for 3 years and never felt like this! I know it’s true I did my best what more can I do

Hello there, It is a good therapist that will think about how you could have done things better or differently.
It is called "reflective practice" ,and quite a normal thought process which helps you to work out alternative ways of doing things. Better, quicker, more accurately, best use of time, neat work etc,etc.
I noticed your eyebrow blister post and replied to that, I think you are going through a shakey patch that's making you lack confidence and think you are not any good at your job.
You are only 3 years into your career ,please don't be so hard on yourself. Your attitude to wanting to perfect all you do is exacty how it should be! This will not be the only time you feel like this. I have been self employed for over 25 years, and get situations that I feel like I am losing my work quality. I am not .
All the best thoughts to you
RosieR

Hello there, It is a good therapist that will think about how you could have done things better or differently.
It is called "reflective practice" ,and quite a normal thought process which helps you to work out alternative ways of doing things. Better, quicker, more accurately, best use of time, neat work etc,etc.
I noticed your eyebrow blister post and replied to that, I think you are going through a shakey patch that's making you lack confidence and think you are not any good at your job.
You are only 3 years into your career ,please don't be so hard on yourself. Your attitude to wanting to perfect all you do is exacty how it should be! This will not be the only time you feel like this. I have been self employed for over 25 years, and get situations that I feel like I am losing my work quality. I am not .
All the best thoughts to you
RosieR
Thanks for the reply! I know I feel a little better today had a talk with myself yesterday to be positive and I do the best I can do so not much really I can do, there’s no point stressing about it or bringing myself down! It’s just negativity I will put on my work unintentionally. Sometimes you just hit a wall and I think that’s what I have done and obviously the eyebrow thing didn’t help but now it’s time to pick myself up

I am glad to hear that news ! You are also probably in need of a little time off to recharge you batteries.
Have a rest, get some good walks in and enjoy a few days off with your friends and family if you can.
RosieR

Latest posts

Back