Feeling frustrated with the Xmas duos

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Always wise to ask yourself "will it make the boat go faster"...

How quickly we forget....only the other day, as I placed an order I asked myself if it will make the boat go faster!

It's a great phrase to remember x

Always wise to ask yourself "will it make the boat go faster"...

I haven't heard this phrase before and am having trouble imagining what it means. Can someone explain please?

It's from a book written about an Olympic rowing team. I haven't read it but I think it means, basically to be very successful you have to always concentrate your efforts/resources towards your ultimate aim. So if something will make the boat go faster then do it. If it doesn't make the boat go faster don't waste time/energy/money on it....not sure what the boat is in the context of this thread though!?

If the choice was between then being available individually vs being a duo with a free additive I would much much rather they were available individually. It would be much more cost effective for me as a business and it would save cnd having to give away all these additives when people don't need x2+ lots.

All very well saying you can layer or use underneath rockstars but the fact is they have been deliberately packaged with one colour likely to be far more popular by a factor of many times so you are forced to spend twice as much each time you need more of the popular colour. I would say the difference in popularity between the shades is even greater as green is just not that popular at all. Why do they only sell them as a duo, why not individually as open stock as well? If there is an answer to that that isn't about forcing us to spend more than we need I'd love to hear it!

Love cnd, but the cynic in me is a little miffed about it and I have let then know that for future limited edition releases I would prefer to be able to buy then individually.

I'm with you! I don't want the greens either... I'm refusing to buy them as I would only use the red/silver colours that are in the limited edition duos.
No point having colours that won't get used.
Green just isn't a shade my clients ask for! "Shame".....

Sent from my iPhone using SalonGeek app

It's from a book written about an Olympic rowing team. I haven't read it but I think it means, basically to be very successful you have to always concentrate your efforts/resources towards your ultimate aim. So if something will make the boat go faster then do it. If it doesn't make the boat go faster don't waste time/energy/money on it....not sure what the boat is in the context of this thread though!?

Thank you! I would have never guessed that. Now can someone clarify how it connects to the thread lol. Did Lynn mean why keep paying for a duo when one of the colors are just going to sit there? Our ultimate goal is to make money right (and don't someone tell me it's customer service lol bc the only reason you're being so nice is because you hope they keep coming back to you and bringing you money!). Sitting colors mean money wasted which then in turn, isnt going to make the boat go faster.

Is that what was meant???

Thank you! I would have never guessed that. Now can someone clarify how it connects to the thread lol. Did Lynn mean why keep paying for a duo when one of the colors are just going to sit there? Our ultimate goal is to make money right (and don't someone tell me it's customer service lol bc the only reason you're being so nice is because you hope they keep coming back to you and bringing you money!). Sitting colors mean money wasted which then in turn, isnt going to make the boat go faster.

Is that what was meant???

Bingo :) xx

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

I wasn't sure about the duo's either so decided as I wouldn't use the greens to just buy the additive set and purchase a new red (red baroness). This way I get the Christmas sparkle without the cost of colour I won't use x

Sent from my HTC Desire X using SalonGeek mobile app

I love shellac but am feeling frustrated with the duo sets. Got both sets at the show, clients are loving scarlet letter but like with the set last year where we were left with lots of tinsel toast, I can't see us using up the dark green and the additive if we stock up on more scarlet letter, as a small business it's just not cost effective to buy several bottles of dark green and have several pots of one colour additive that last ages! We still brought extra ruby ritz last year and are getting through the tinsel toast but don't feel we will get through the green the same and the extra pots of additives would be a waste! Anyone else feel the same?

Can I just say I whole heatedly agree with you. One green like frosted Glen I like but two? I wish they had chosen something cooler too. It is on my to do list to discuss for next year... In fact I will email today. Sam and I were just talking about this and wanted you to know that we really agree with your sentiments.:cool:

Can I just say I whole heatedly agree with you. One green like frosted Glen I like but two? I wish they had chosen something cooler too. It is on my to do list to discuss for next year... In fact I will email today. Sam and I were just talking about this and wanted you to know that we really agree with your sentiments.:cool:

Thank you, it's good to know that you feel the same. I also really feel that colours like Ruby Ritz and Iced Vapour should be made available as open stock all year round, most of us are gagging for this and I for one cannot understand the logic behind keeping them as limited editions or only being available as duos.....until the cynic on my shoulder pipes up that is.

We've gone through a bottle of serene green and iced vapour already, it got to the point where everyone wanted one of them colours and nothing else, by the time they came back for their next appointment, didn't have it anymore. I only got one bottle of each and I'm glad I did because now I've decided I'm not going to get the limited editions anymore. Yes I've used two bottles and they went super fast but now I have ladies who love the colours and eventually they won't be around so if I stop it now and let them know, it will save me money and save them disappointment. I'm sure lots of people will disagree but that's just how we've decided to do it. I'd rather have my ladies fall in love with a colour they can get all the time as oppose to one they can't

Xxxx

It's so nice to hear you feel the same, I did email cnd direct to pass on feedback but their reply was a bit snotty! If the colours were separate we would all still spend money on the colours we love but feel we are being forced to buy a colour we don't want to be able to buy the colour we want!
Thanks for your reply :)

I've just had a lady in, loves both greens but still went with another. Pretty Poison and Limeade, it's a stunning colour.
So yes it's a shame they are not being sold separate so we can choose but I do feel that they won't go totally to waste.
Vicki x
ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1381147060.253274.jpg

That's is fab. Thanks for that. Brill service to come on here and let us know you are listening (and agree!) & demonstrating you are most definately on the side of the professionals. Lets hope CND can be persuaded for future releases.

So funny but the moment we saw Ice Vapour we knew it would another Ruby Ritz... We would love to see these as on stock permanent part of the CND Shellac line!

Slight off topic but if anyone has a tinsel toast or serene green sitting on the shelf I'll be happy to give them a new home if you pm me x

Now if Ruby Ritz had been put in a duo with ice vapour, we would've been falling over ourselves to order several sets! ;)

Now if Ruby Ritz had been put in a duo with ice vapour, we would've been falling over ourselves to order several sets! ;)

I know! Our thoughts exactly. If they are going to do duos (apart from the 2 just mentioned) what colours would you like to see... Were talking HOLIDAY season now!

I'd like to see duos of glitter colours, we do so many rock stars over the Xmas period that they just make services quicker and cleaner. I loved the idea of the additives being included but because they were available as a set for me it wasn't an incentive because I'll always buy the sets anyway.

I never do a full set of green nails on any shade so those last me a year of art.

I'd love to see tinsel toast again, a glitter pewter/asphalt and a deep blue glitter. A matte topcoat would be amazing too but I think that's a whole different story.

Latest posts

Back