Feeling frustrated with the Xmas duos

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pearl16

Reaction score
I love shellac but am feeling frustrated with the duo sets. Got both sets at the show, clients are loving scarlet letter but like with the set last year where we were left with lots of tinsel toast, I can't see us using up the dark green and the additive if we stock up on more scarlet letter, as a small business it's just not cost effective to buy several bottles of dark green and have several pots of one colour additive that last ages! We still brought extra ruby ritz last year and are getting through the tinsel toast but don't feel we will get through the green the same and the extra pots of additives would be a waste! Anyone else feel the same?

Completely agree! Money making scheme by CND ;(

Greens actually really popular by us.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using SalonGeek mobile app

Cant u sell them on?
To somebody who will use it more x

Loads of people would of had tinsel toast from you xxx

As I said in a previous post I feel that it is a way of selling more than you would normally buy. People get so wrapped up with the excitement of new colours that business savvy sometimes flies out the window. As someone has said they love the green then great. But if the green isn't selling then don't buy anymore unless you charge extra for the colour that you are buying the set for. Be tough and don't buy what you don't need.

As I said in a previous post I feel that it is a way of selling more than you would normally buy. People get so wrapped up with the excitement of new colours that business savvy sometimes flies out the window. As someone has said they love the green then great. But if the green isn't selling then don't buy anymore unless you charge extra for the colour that you are buying the set for. Be tough and don't buy what you don't need.

I need to listen to you more x
I always buy what i don't NEED
Purely because i am spoilt an WANT it. Xx
He he just cant help my self just love it xx

Maby if you decide to buy again you could run and offer in December "colour of the month" with the green. I know that's not ideal but at least you could clear it if you needed to x

I feel the same with the Ice Vapour. Every customer is wanting it and no one is fancying the Frosted Glen even though I think it's lovely. I need more IV but don't want to end up with more additives and FG which will most likely be unused :(

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

If they don't make anymore it's just discontinued. Don't go crazy buying extras, because they are meant to be special edition. Clients will always move on to a new fave. ;) jmo

Agree with unique tips, and also I'm planning on using frosted glen for nail art - perfect Christmas tree shade for this december!! xxxx

Serene Green is REALLY popular with me...however Frosted Glen not so much.

I think we need to make some pops to show our clients different ways to wear them.

All the colors you don't love can be used as a base to hold glitter for Rock Star nails/toes. There's always a way to use them up! HTH

The additives in the limited additions are also fee....:Love:

All the colors you don't love can be used as a base to hold glitter for Rock Star nails/toes. There's always a way to use them up! HTH

What a fantastic idea xx

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

I just wanted to post a couple of pics of nails that I created yesterday using Serene Green.

I hope you like them and can maybe use these to give you some ideas.

Attachments

• SG3.jpg
    SG3.jpg
    135.8 KB · Views: 641
  • SG4.jpg
    SG4.jpg
    136.5 KB · Views: 619
  • SG2.jpg
    SG2.jpg
    135.6 KB · Views: 643
  • SG1.jpg
    SG1.jpg
    138.2 KB · Views: 1,202

This is exactly what I do! Saves wastage. You can use frosted glen as a base for silver rockstars or paler colours etc. & serene green for all the darker shades of glitter. Xx

If the choice was between then being available individually vs being a duo with a free additive I would much much rather they were available individually. It would be much more cost effective for me as a business and it would save cnd having to give away all these additives when people don't need x2+ lots.

All very well saying you can layer or use underneath rockstars but the fact is they have been deliberately packaged with one colour likely to be far more popular by a factor of many times so you are forced to spend twice as much each time you need more of the popular colour. I would say the difference in popularity between the shades is even greater as green is just not that popular at all. Why do they only sell them as a duo, why not individually as open stock as well? If there is an answer to that that isn't about forcing us to spend more than we need I'd love to hear it!

Love cnd, but the cynic in me is a little miffed about it and I have let then know that for future limited edition releases I would prefer to be able to buy then individually.

If the choice was between then being available individually vs being a duo with a free additive I would much much rather they were available individually. It would be much more cost effective for me as a business and it would save cnd having to give away all these additives when people don't need x2+ lots.

All very well saying you can layer or use underneath rockstars but the fact is they have been deliberately packaged with one colour likely to be far more popular by a factor of many times so you are forced to spend twice as much each time you need more of the popular colour. I would say the difference in popularity between the shades is even greater as green is just not that popular at all. Why do they only sell them as a duo, why not individually as open stock as well? If there is an answer to that that isn't about forcing us to spend more than we need I'd love to hear it!

Love cnd, but the cynic in me is a little miffed about it and I have let then know that for future limited edition releases I would prefer to be able to buy then individually.

Exactly how I'm feeling! Like some of the other ideas though from people!

Always wise to ask yourself "will it make the boat go faster"...

Latest posts

Back