Feeling like a big fat...

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I had a hysterectomy and gained 75 pounds. I walk daily and live an active life taking a two hour pilgrimage up our local mountain a few times a weeks due to the snow and ice in my area (Canada) Knox Mountain Park

The only thing I have changed is the food amounts and its working great... I can still eat what I want yet in proper portions. I have added a few pictures. I am happy with the results, slow and steady wins the race.

My advice buy some measuring cups. Stop thinking about the food and enjoy it. Always be aware though!

Attachments

• 542208_10151384155285535_1630372742_n.jpg
    542208_10151384155285535_1630372742_n.jpg
    69.7 KB · Views: 99
  • 734046_10151397674720535_1723034588_n.jpg
    734046_10151397674720535_1723034588_n.jpg
    86.4 KB · Views: 97
  • 540931_10151383092165535_1085234978_n.jpg
    540931_10151383092165535_1085234978_n.jpg
    89.3 KB · Views: 99
I had a hysterectomy and gained 75 pounds. I walk daily and live an active life taking a two hour pilgrimage up our local mountain a few times a weeks due to the snow and ice in my area (Canada) Knox Mountain Park

The only thing I have changed is the food amounts and its working great... I can still eat what I want yet in proper portions. I have added a few pictures. I am happy with the results, slow and steady wins the race.

My advice buy some measuring cups. Stop thinking about the food and enjoy it. Always be aware though!

Your food looks beautiful x

Pasta I coupon for it costs me .02 a box add fresh veggies and you have a great meal... I like a frugal life I am a new nail tech who needs to budget and stay healthy now I have a sitting job... thank you for commenting! I see you posting in the http://www.salongeek.com/chit-chat/206994-14-50-food-challenge-month.html I posted my savings ideas so food does not coast as much.

Are you due on?

hmmm i'm not really sure, i'm on the depo so i never have anything, but i like that excuse! well tomorrows another day and my victoria sponge i made and under cooked made me ill so i feel cleansed and ready!!! :D

hey ladies how are we all getting on?

will we have results day on tues 2nd feb as we can weigh in that morning?

omg that means we have just over a week

a lot can be achieved in a week

im walking/sprinting intervals, doing davina kick boxing and body pump mix between those

eating has been amazing untill a boozy nite out on sunday lead to overeating yeterday

but im back on track today

what i have learned in last week and noticed

is that the scales mite stick sometimes but the inch loss is there

and with the right kind of exercise and pushing yourself its amazing the changes can be made

hope you girls on track

big push for the last week

is that the scales mite stick sometimes but the inch loss is there
yeah your body weight can fluctuate over the course of the day/week and all sorts of factors affect it.

I think I'm only gonna weigh in once a month now, at the beginning of the month. So I'll weigh in this week and then not til the end of feb/beginning march.

I have been eating really well, so I'm happy with that. I have been back to the gym but could definitely kick that up a notch. Not gonna go crazy though because I need this to be something I stick with, not something that I burn out with in a month or two.

If it were up to me I would tell everyone to get rid of their scales...people get hung up on weight & how much they have lost.It is hard to keep on track if you haven't lost what you expected, or if you gain one week. Also, when others seem to be doing so much better than you, it is demoralising.

These people who are 'losing 7-9 lbs in a week are losing fluid & a little body fat, it is almost impossible to lose that amount of body fat in a week unless you are super obese. 3500 calories =1 lb of body fat so to lose 2lb a week you need to get rid of 7000 calories a week, through diet and/or exercise. Someone saying they have lost 7 lbs would have had to have eaten 24500 calories less than normal ( thats 3500 per day les than normal). As the average female need 2000 calories per day this would mean that they had eaten -3500 a day. You would have to eat nothing & lose 3500 cals through exercise ( thats about a 7 mile run while eating no food every day for 7 days) As you see, the maths doesnt add up at all, unless, as I said you are super obese.

What is important is how you look & feel about your body & how your clothes look & feel.
Ditch the scales girls & just go on what you look like & if you feel good about your body. :)

Last edited:
If it were up to me I would tell everyone to get rid of their scales...people get hung up on weight & how much they have lost. What is important is how you look & feel about your body & how your clothes look & feel.
Ditch the scales girls & just go on what you look like & if you feel good about your body. :)
Definitely. That's what I'm trying to do. I used to weigh myself religiously when I was dieting and it's so demoralising when you only lose half a pound, or worse - gain 1!! I'm going by the clothes in my wardrobe that are too small for me and how/when they fit.

I will weigh myself just to keep track really but I'm trying very hard not to be hung up on it.

You don't loose 7lb every week you loose about 3 or 4 obviously the first week you loose more as you loose water but when you are only eating 450 calories a day when you were wasting about 3500 before the weight does drop off.
You also have to drink 2.5 litres of water a day and its perfectly health to do it even long term if you old bare it.

I did it for 3 months last time no side effects at all and I felt better as I was getting the vitamins my body needs my diet was so bad I didn't get much vitamins and I get bored of slow weight loss. So my plan is to loose the weight with Cambridge and maintain with weight watchers not doing any harm. X

You don't loose 7lb every week you loose about 3 or 4 obviously the first week you loose more as you loose water but when you are only eating 450 calories a day when you were wasting about 3500 before the weight does drop off.
You also have to drink 2.5 litres of water a day and its perfectly health to do it even long term if you old bare it.

I did it for 3 months last time no side effects at all and I felt better as I was getting the vitamins my body needs my diet was so bad I didn't get much vitamins and I get bored of slow weight loss. So my plan is to loose the weight with Cambridge and maintain with weight watchers not doing any harm. X

I'm a personal trainer & nutritionist & it is NOT perfectly healthy to eat 450 calories per day even if you are getting vitamins. You will lose lean muscle & can do yourself serious harm if done long term.

The diet is not a good way to lose weight.....if it was that good, you would not be needing to do it again....stands to reason.

losing it slowly is the way to keep it off. You have to consider how long its taken to put on & then think logically hiow long its going to take to get it off.

I am not 'having a go ' at you hun, its just that I work with a lot of clients who want to lose weight, its my job & I do know what I'm talking about.

Do it properly & keep it off then, you wont need to do this diet again.

If you want any advice give me a shout x

I'm a personal trainer & nutritionist & it is NOT perfectly healthy to eat 450 calories per day even if you are getting vitamins. You will lose lean muscle & can do yourself serious harm if done long term.

The diet is not a good way to lose weight.....if it was that good, you would not be needing to do it again....stands to reason.

losing it slowly is the way to keep it off. You have to consider how long its taken to put on & then think logically hiow long its going to take to get it off.

I am not 'having a go ' at you hun, its just that I work with a lot of clients who want to lose weight, its my job & I do know what I'm talking about.

My friend is a Cambridge diet rep. She is always trying to sign me up as a rep and to do the diet. I couldn't do it. I see her losing 7lb plus in a week, a stone in two weeks and then gaining 16 the following 7 days, you are never going to convince me that's healthy. Sorry
I am not weighing myself till the 31st jan x

My friend is a Cambridge diet rep. She is always trying to sign me up as a rep and to do the diet. I couldn't do it. I see her losing 7lb plus in a week, a stone in two weeks and then gaining 16 the following 7 days, you are never going to convince me that's healthy. Sorry
I am not weighing myself till the 31st jan x

Me either. 450 calories is scary low. I've heard stories about women's hair falling out and all sorts on these kind of diets. Scary.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using SalonGeek

Woop woop 1stone down since I posted last very proud of myself indeed.

Roll on the next few weeks xx

I did the diet 7 years ago and have only gained 2 stone in that time which is down to quitting smoking and getting comfortable in a long term relationship. Surly being over weight is unhealthy more than loosing quickly. I'm hoping a few weeks of no food will get me out of the few bad habits I have go into since smoking like 6 teas a day with two sugars to replace the fags and and weekly take away with the boyfriend

I did the diet 7 years ago and have only gained 2 stone in that time which is down to quitting smoking and getting comfortable in a long term relationship. Surly being over weight is unhealthy more than loosing quickly. I'm hoping a few weeks of no food will get me out of the few bad habits I have go into since smoking like 6 teas a day with two sugars to replace the fags and and weekly take away with the boyfriend

Being very overweight is unhealthy, but you dont sound as if you are morbidly obese. It is much healthier to lose it slowly and by eating a balanced diet. You may get vitamins from your diet, but you are no way getting enough protein, carbs, fruit & veg or fats (yes we do need fat in our diet albeit, healthy ones).
the vast majority of those who lose weight quickly ut it back on again fairly quickly & then end up yoyo dieting for ever.
Honestly, do it in a healthy way, it works & it stays off as it teaches you good eating habits for life.
It is about changing your lifestyle for ever....thats the only way to lose it & keep it off. im not saying you can never have treats, but its all about moderation.
Also, check your portion sizes...you would be amazed what a true portion actually is...most people eat too much.
x

Well done you ;) what are you doing?

Thank you.I'm just cutting the crap,drinking water,smaller portions and walking every day,lots of veg,no bread plenty of protein in me veg and quinoa and such like and weight training every other day.

I'm not really doing much my body seems to respond pretty quick to change to be honest x

Being very overweight is unhealthy, but you dont sound as if you are morbidly obese. It is much healthier to lose it slowly and by eating a balanced diet. You may get vitamins from your diet, but you are no way getting enough protein, carbs, fruit & veg or fats (yes we do need fat in our diet albeit, healthy ones).
the vast majority of those who lose weight quickly ut it back on again fairly quickly & then end up yoyo dieting for ever.
Honestly, do it in a healthy way, it works & it stays off as it teaches you good eating habits for life.
It is about changing your lifestyle for ever....thats the only way to lose it & keep it off. im not saying you can never have treats, but its all about moderation.
Also, check your portion sizes...you would be amazed what a true portion actually is...most people eat too much.
x

I'm really sorry but I did not ask or you opinion, I'm on hear for support the same as everyone else not to be made to feel bad. I eat to loose 2 stone by April I do not care how it done and if it was that unhealthy it wouldn't be on he NHS top 10 diets. I don't really care weather I put it back on as much as I want it off now, to see some people I haven't seen in a long time. May I ask if you are over weight if your not you shouldn't be on this thread and if you are then your not a very good nutritionist and should practise what you preach.

Latest posts

Back