Feeling like the hotel inspector-should I complain?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mariehouse

Reaction score
so a new salon has opened near my home salon so not surprisingly I was slightly worried and also intrigued to try out the competition this was my experience

So I rang and booked in for a luxury pedicure with a gelish finish it says on the website they do gelish and shellac

So I arrive ten minutes early , there's a girl stood outside the entrance on the phone having a cigarette- she says 'oh I'll have to call you back got a client turned up now ' - the tone and the attitude made it sound like a total inconvenience

Any who I get in there tell her my name and she says 'oh right um well there is a problem we actually double booked you so are you okay to have your pedicure in the middle of the shop floor or there's a room that isn't quite finished yet ' I said I'd opt for the other room as I'm not a huge fan of sitting in the middle of the salon floor where it's noisey from other clients , sun beds etc

Anyway this turned out to be basically a too they are using to store everything in at the moment.

So , she didn't wear gloves (I know not everyone does but it's my personal preference)
SHE DIDNT SANTIZE MY FEET BEFORE PUTTING THEM IN TO SOAK!!!
She didn't even look at my feet just said put them in the foot spa

MORE IMPORTANTLY she didn't even fill out a client record form I could of been allergic to anything had any manner or issues etc !!!

She then continually complained that her back was hurting thoughtout the whole thing

The. Asked what colour I would like,
I said its gelish you use isn't it ? To which she replied yes - I currently have Tokyo a go go on my fingers so I asked if she had it , she said she would go check

Came back with all Opi gel colour no gelish and just said this is what we got which one do you want ........

Now personally I think the owner should at least know that client record cards are really important

What do you think I should do

Ignore it and focus on your own business. At least you know it's no sweat to your business. Let them bury themselves.

I totally agree with BannerPenguin.....people waste far too much of their valuable time worrying about what other people are doing when that time can be used focusing on your own business.....there will always be salons that don't use consultation cards...that don't sanitise their tools...that use blue sky and tell you it's shellac blah blah blah and you will never change that so don't let it bother you ...feel proud that you own a reputable salon that does the right things don't waste your time on those that you think are doing the wrong things ....x

Keep your own powder dry. Imagine if they got complained about and upped their game and suddenly became good. What a downer! Look after you clients and don't slag this place off. What goes around comes around x

I would just leave it, but if you come across any articles or anything explaining the importance of consultations or santatising then I would post it on fb. Potential clients may read it and be put of by this other salon if these things aren't being done. However don't name the salon at all as this can put clients off xx

Ignore it and focus on your own business. At least you know it's no sweat to your business. Let them bury themselves.
That response couldn't have crossed my path at a better time! I don't know if u remember but some time ago I messaged you about someone getting the website I wanted before I did... well it's live now & right there smack bang on the top of google today! They've copied my entire business style! Even down to the meaning! I got super annoyed but your post just made me feel a bit better.... a bit lol

Sorry for hijacking... please continue :)

Latest posts

Back