Feeling out of touch - where to start again??

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kells

Reaction score
Hi all,
I havent posted for a while but I'm hoping for a little advice... I qualified with nvq level2 hairdressing in may 2007 after doing a part time course over 3 years. However, I was then promoted in my office job & therefore didnt go into hairdressing full time & only did a few bits & pieces in my free time (if I had any!!) I then fell pregnant & am currently on maternity leave & I'm not really wanting to return to my office job now.
My issue is however, that as I have now been out of hairdressing for a year or so, I'm not feeling very confident about my abilities but I dont want those 3 years & all the money spent to be a complete waste of time - how do I get back into the swing of things & boost my confidence?
Thanks
Kellyx

Hi congratulations on your little 1. Iv'e got 2 little handfulls. I would get a few guinnea pigs 2 work on. Family and friends. Once you get started again it will all come flooding back to you. Mobile is the best choice when you have a little one. You can work your own hours. Practice all you can, Whenever I get in new treatments I get my friends in to practice on.hth x

on the other hand, most colleges offer evening refresher courses on both cutting and colouring.,. .u cud see how u get on first without those by doin wot the above pst says and if still not confident do some evening classes once u are ok to leave the wee one with a sitter. . .

even better do ur level three on a part tiome basis. . . xx

It is like riding a bike. Once you learn how you never forget but might be a bit wobbly at first. your confidence will come back once you get started again. Maybe try a couple freebies on friends or family. One of the things I wanted when I started in the salon industry was time control. I was able to take time with my kids when I needed it. Good luck.

Latest posts

Back