Feeling really low

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

emmauk88

Reaction score
I have been qualified in acrylic nails for about 2 years now, but due to falling ill I had to leave it for a while, I'm trying to get back to it now as this is what I really want to do. I've been practicing so hard but just can't get it right, I done my mums nails and she said they all had come of whole in a couple of days, I just feel so upset as this is my dream and just don't have the money to get training to refresh me, as I have been out of work for over a year due to this illness I have had.I just don't know what to do.

Hiya, first of all don't beat yourself up about acrylics not going right, they're bloody hard to get the hang of. Ive been doing acrylics for nearly 5 years now and still have sets that i think i could have done better. Unfortunatley theres nothing else to do but more practise :( keep at it as its obi just a problem with prep if they are coming off. just make sure your prep is immaculate an the nail plate is completely dehydrated and free of any cuticle debris. You'll get there :) if its your dream don't give up :)
*hug*
x

You couldn't get anyone who understands you more than me.

Ok prep is paramount when applying the acrylic the nail must be clear of all cuticle, dust and debris. Remove the shine with a 240 grit file gently but make sure the nail is chalky White. Use your nail cleaner ie scrub fresh sparingly don't soak the nail plate and leave the nail to dry completely for a few minutes.

I don't get customers to wash their hands or wet the nail too much in any way because it gets down unDer the eponychium and. Cuticle and can seep out and cause lifting. I use cool blue to sanitise.

Make sure you acrylic ratio is right. My clients tended to lose whole nails because my ratio was way to dry. Basically the acrylic didn't stick to the nail plate.
Try this first and see what happens do a couple of nails even on your mum and see if they last any longer. Check them each day.

I know it's hard Hun but dont give up please give it another go. There are fabulously experienced geeks on here who can probably advise much better than me but I feel for you. Keep your chin up Hun xxxxx

If dreams were so easy to reach it wouldn't feel so good or mean so much when you finally do reach em!
You said yourself you've been away for a bit, so take some time for just you to refocus, refine, and rededicate yourself to your dream! You deserve it! Its your dream, don't cheat yourself from it. I'm sure You would never let someone else steal it from you so just grab it and you go girl!! :)))) Big smile for you!!

Thank you everyone for your kind words, I will keep at it and keep practicing lots.

Hi Emma,

Don't be downhearted, You will get there and more practice will build your confidence and that will make you feel a whole lot better. I am quite new to all this too so you aren't alone, I had been feeling a bit felt isolated, but not anymore since I joined Salon Geek.
Follow your Dream and don't give up, you can do it xxx

Hi Emma,

Don't be downhearted, You will get there and more practice will build your confidence and that will make you feel a whole lot better. I am quite new to all this too so you aren't alone, I had been feeling a bit felt isolated, but not anymore since I joined Salon Geek.
Follow your Dream and don't give up, you can do it xxx

Thank you so much for your kind words, nd thank you everyone else this site is just great, especially when you are feeling down people make you feel better on here.

Hi Emma

I like you feel very low some days similar situation to yourself, and I can honestly say SG has saved my life ( not literally ) but mentally , stick at as said above .

:Love::Love:

I don't use acrylic but just a thought, u said u have been away from it for a while. Is any product or prep maybe old? Just a thought? :) Good luck xx

Have you considered booking in with your trainer for a 1-2-1 to go over what you've learned as a refresher? I'd also advise you pick up "Nailclass" by Gigi Rouse and read her tutorials in the articles section it's a brilliant how-to guide to acrylics, would be a great refresher for you xx chin up though it will probably take some time (I'm a loooong way off!)

I have been qualified in acrylic nails for about 2 years now, but due to falling ill I had to leave it for a while, I'm trying to get back to it now as this is what I really want to do. I've been practicing so hard but just can't get it right, I done my mums nails and she said they all had come of whole in a couple of days, I just feel so upset as this is my dream and just don't have the money to get training to refresh me, as I have been out of work for over a year due to this illness I have had.I just don't know what to do.

Emma Gigi will be in the UK doing a Learn from a Legend Day on Monday May 21st... It's FREE and your opportunity to ask anything and go through anything that is holding you back... COME!!!! We would be very happy to welcome you.

Emma Gigi will be in the UK doing a Learn from a Legend Day on Monday May 21st... It's FREE and your opportunity to ask anything and go through anything that is holding you back... COME!!!! We would be very happy to welcome you.

What a lovely offer Emma! I do hope you're able to go, it sounds fab :)

Hi, I would love to come that sounds great and is really nice of you to let me know.
Do you know where it will be?
Thank you again xx

Hi, I would love to come that sounds great and is really nice of you to let me know.
Do you know where it will be?
Thank you again xx

It will be at Sweet Suqared Head Office in Leeds (right next door to McDonalds lol):eek: - What many love about these days is that it's really all about you and how we can help you overcome whatever it maybe that you are struggling with (even if you are not CND trained)... you can really get to grips with the info - ask if unsure - have a play, watch demos and ask questions. You'll love it!!

If you need directions go onto Sweet Squared dot com or if you are coming via train it's no more than £10 from the station to S2HQ in a cab!!

Gigi doesn't do this often so it's a great opportunity to learn from an inspirational nail artist!! Hope this helps and we will make you feel very welcome! :hug:

Can anyone attend these sessions/seminars? How do you find about them? x

Hey, if acrylic nails were easy, every Tom Dick and Harry would be doing them. The fact that they are hard to master is very positive . . . . it makes people willing to pay good money for them . . . and think how great you will feel when you've mastered them totally!

You sound really passionate about it - don't give up :hug:

Read all the tutorials on here, they really are fab - a bit of free training available to all. And get a copy of Geeg's nail class,that will help you loads.xx

Hey, if acrylic nails were easy, every Tom Dick and Harry would be doing them. The fact that they are hard to master is very positive . . . . it makes people willing to pay good money for them . . . and think how great you will feel when you've mastered them totally!

You sound really passionate about it - don't give up :hug:

Read all the tutorials on here, they really are fab - a bit of free training available to all. And get a copy of Geeg's nail class,that will help you loads.xx

Thank you for your kind words, I'm going to practice practice practice and keep going till I'm the best I can be. Xx

How are you doing Emma? Are you going up to Leeds on Monday to see geeg? Xx

Hiya, yes I think I am going money is so short so going to see if hubby will give me some money so I can go :)

That's brilliant, I hope you have a great day. Don't forget to come back and tell us what it was like! :biggrin:

Latest posts

Back