Feeling sad

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Debs

Reaction score
Whenever a newcomer comes along we all like to greet them and make them feel really welcome to what loads of think of as complete heaven.
So why then do I feel very suspicious about certain people being new and asking about a certain company and it products?
I feel awful for feeling like this and there is only one person to blame for that. We shouldn`t be feeling like this on our wonderful board at all and I just wish he`d crawl back into his hole and have it filled in.
I don`t want to feel suspicious about anyone on here, I just want to enjoy it and welcome the new people and hope that they enjoy it as much as I do

I totally agree with you, Debs.

I've read a couple of posts recently that i didn't really think were 'kosher', for want of a better word.

Maybe they are genuine, but i find i'm very sceptical, and that's a real shame

I think we need to give everyone the benefit of the doubt - why should the minority spoil it for the majority.

If we remain helpful and courteous then no one can fault us and call us an unhelpful and unfriendly board and biased board.

How would we feel if a genuine newbie asked for advice and we gave suspicion.

As we dont have access to the complete details of everyone's membership then I think we have to give the best advice we can unreservedly.

naturalnails said:
I think we need to give everyone the benefit of the doubt - why should the minority spoil it for the majority.

If we remain helpful and courteous then no one can fault us and call us an unhelpful and unfriendly board and biased board.

How would we feel if a genuine newbie asked for advice and we gave suspicion.

As we dont have access to the complete details of everyone's membership then I think we have to give the best advice we can unreservedly.

Well said Fiona.

I also have a certain sympathy for Debs point of view too. But is is funny how we have all developed a sixth sense whe it comes to the 'tone' shall we say of certrain new members.

But as fiona says, the benefit of the doubt is good to give, and then at least we are not in the wrong.

Yeah you`re right, and I would and do welcome all.
I just can`t help feeling the way I do about certain posts and I was just putting my point of view across about how I feel when I don`t want to feel that way. I found this site and honestly thought I`d gone to heaven and its a shame some people try to burst my bubble.
I wouldn`t upset anyone intentionally and in the perfect world I would like the same consideration, daft as that is

Not daft at all ... if only everyone lived by those principals eh??

No one will be allowed to spoil our site ... we all love it and no one is going to get the better of any of us. Even so far, the only one that has lost out is the perpetrator of all the trouble. That is the person that's SAD not you.

Well said Gigi. I must say, I've read a few of the posts and thought exactly the same thing. I'm sure Sam is onto it and hopefully it won't be long before we don't have to feel suspicious.

As fiona said, as long as we remain courteous and polite then nothing can be said about us. If you really feel very suspicious don't reply. That way we will not fuel this person. I think even someone with half a brain can tell a genuine post from a non-genuine post.

I have to ask as "Newbie" :D

Whats happened before with newbies coming and on and asking stuff and company and products?

I'm a nosey woman sorry lol

Lynnette

You can ask anything you like Lynnette and someone will answer you questions, even if it is product related. Thats what this site is for after all. We`re a fabulous community coming from around the globe to discuss what we all love best.....nails.....In the recent past we have had someone causing a bit of trouble on the board thats all, as Geeg says we won`t let it spoil it for us and we are NOT product biased in any way so don`t let that deter you from asking ANYTHING you like

Being new to the site and having not read into the past messages before posting a new thread and asking a question about a certain company and peoples opinions, having read this thread i now feel people wouldnt have given their opinions because of what has happened in the past.

I think its a real shame that omebody ruins it for other new people like myself just wanting a honest opinion! I only found out about this site after reading the postbag section of nails magazine.

Just wanted to share my views being new im also feeling quite sad about the whole thing now!

Nicola

Hiya i would say that this site is doing the same job that it as always done.
Any negative post in the past have not effected this site, techs always give honest and helpful opinions to others. This site is like a little community and in a community you sometimes have a person enter who doesnt like the fact that you all get on and tries to spoil it. That wont happen on here because we stick together reguardless of what we use or who we trained with.

nicolam1 said:
Being new to the site and having not read into the past messages before posting a new thread and asking a question about a certain company and peoples opinions, having read this thread i now feel people wouldnt have given their opinions because of what has happened in the past.

I think its a real shame that omebody ruins it for other new people like myself just wanting a honest opinion! I only found out about this site after reading the postbag section of nails magazine.

Just wanted to share my views being new im also feeling quite sad about the whole thing now!

Nicola
I am sorry if I have made you feel this way, this is what I didn`t want to happen......You can ask anything at all and you will get an answer for it no matter what it is or what product it is.

It's sad when people come in a end up ruining things for people who are genuine and really have questions and things they want to know. Makes people very suspicious.

Lynnette
x

MKay geeks. Take a prozac and lets move on with it.
There are only so many IP addresses that can be used ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back