Feeling sick after facial/massage

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

xnailsbylisax

Reaction score
Hope this is the right place to post this. I am currently halfway through my level 2 beauty therapy course & we are doing facials.

I have had 4 done up to now & after each one i have felt ridiculously sick. I'm not sure if its the massaging bit or what & i'm not sitting up too early/fast but is this normal?

I would like to know the answer to this question too, as I also cannot receive facial, body or head massages due to getting really sick.

I would like to know the answer to this question too, as I also cannot receive facial, body or head massages due to getting really sick.

Glad i am not the only one. I know massage can make you feel lightheaded/dizzy sometimes but didn't think i'd experience it during facials

Are you doing all the correct aftercare? i.e - drink lots if water, avoid caffeine, alcohol, smoking and other stimulants, avoid heavy foods, relax and take it easy? As massage flushes out toxins it's normal to get some kind of healing response for 24-48 hours after.

Are you doing all the correct aftercare? i.e - drink lots if water, avoid caffeine, alcohol, smoking and other stimulants, avoid heavy foods, relax and take it easy? As massage flushes out toxins it's normal to get some kind of healing response for 24-48 hours after.

I don't have time for aftercare lol it is literally 5 mins after finishing the facial. It passes after about 2 hours but the sickness comes on immediately

Edit: i can't relax & take it easy as i have a kid lol there is no such thing as relax lol x

In massage it is not unusual for some clients to maybe feel a bit headachy afterwards.

In massage it is not unusual for some clients to maybe feel a bit headachy afterwards.

Not experienced headaches just full on nausea

I get the nausea shocking as well, my doctor has put it down to severe low blood pressure. I would recommend you go to the doctor and explain your problems to him, you may also suffer from severe Low blood pressure.

any massage makes your body temp drop..it also causes toxins to move or drain within the body...within hrs of a treatment you can feel nausea headaches v tired etc this is entirely normal within first 24 hrs, this is your lymphatic system working as u hv stimulated it with massage.if it persists after 48 hrs seek gp advice

I get the nausea shocking as well, my doctor has put it down to severe low blood pressure. I would recommend you go to the doctor and explain your problems to him, you may also suffer from severe Low blood pressure.

Hi my blood pressure is fine as i am on meds for endometriosis so i have it checked regularly but thankyou :) ill just explain to my tutor that i will need to give the massage a miss

Latest posts

Back