Feeling so indebted to all you geeks!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MamaG

Reaction score
Hi everyone.

When I started my nail training 6 months ago, I thought that learning the technique would be the difficult bit and once I had cracked that it would simply be a case of getting my name out there and starting work. I thought the business side of setting up - buying stock etc - would be an exciting time. How wrong I was!

I am now in the final stages of setting up my nail studio and have found the process really tedious. Logo's, business cards, domain names, facebook page, insurance, deciding on pricing, what stock to buy on a budget of fresh air (!), which table / chairs to buy, working hours, advertising, hmrc......to name a few.....have all been driving me round the bend. I just want to do nails!! Lol

Anyhoo, through all of this Salongeek has been my reference. Reading the good (and sometimes bad) experiences of fellow geeks has given me an invaluable insight into the industry and what I need to do to survive. You have taught me how to handle difficult clients and situations, to believe in my work and the price people should pay for it, to always provide the best service I possibly can. I would not have known which table has worked well for others, which colours to start my collections with or what little add-ons will enhance my business potential. It would have taken me a lot of time (and expense) to learn this stuff on my own.

So I want to say THANK YOU to everyone who contributes to this site. Whether the subject matter is big or small there is info that will help someone else. Some of you make me double over with laughter. Some of you drive me up the wall. Just the same as when I worked in an office! You are my new colleagues and I'm so pleased to have 'met' you all.

Apologies for the essay. Feeling a little emotional this morning, seeing my little dream come to life :)

Sent from my GT-I9505 using SalonGeek mobile app

Couldn't have said it any better fellow geek!
I too find this forum invaluable for advice, help, support and a real sense of friendship, I don't know what I'd do without it. SSxx

I totally agree with you. What a fab post. I'm just starting out now. Did my first 2 clients this week! :) everything I've learnt has pretty much been from here. Down to which wallpaper I chose for my home salon, which desk to buy, what colours to get etc.

There are so many talented ppl on here and it's great that they are happy to share their knowledge to help newbies like us. They are a big inspiration and make me strive to be as good :) xx

I did a ppost similar in the chit chat forum. I totally agree! I have learnt far more on here than I ever did on my courses! I have spent hours upon hours researching and searching til I could barely keep my eyes open! Such a wealth of knowledge to be found! Well done on reaching your goals, I hope your business thrives x

You're lucky you found this site early on. Can't tell you how much I struggled to get my business of home salon nail tech off the ground 10 years ago. But after 4 years of struggling, with little advertising, it improved tremendously with proper advertising and got too much, but I sure wish I found this site when I set up, I think things would have been easier.

Latest posts

Back