Feeling stuck

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lashed11

Reaction score
Hi Geeks,

I'm feeling really stuck at the moment. I'm working full time as a freelance therapist. I'm trained I'm beauty and remedial massage, but I would say I do 80% massage which is fine because I do enjoy it a lot.

I worked in a place for 5 years renting a room, well it was commission based. I worked there two days each week and I left a few months ago for various reasons. Anyhoo, basically I left to focus on myself and my business and moving forward, and I felt like I couldn't do that whilst attached to someone else's business. If that even makes sense...It gave me a lot of clarity and I've now enrolled on a part time nutrition diploma. So I'm now working freelance full time which is so hard. I knew it would be, so I traded in my car for something bigger to make my life a bit easier with the mobile stuff but I'm finding that I'm still miserable. I'm split between two towns which makes things very awkward.

I've been looking for my own wee place for months now and I'm really not having any luck. There is nothing out there that is in the area I want, the right size etc. The existing business' like to stay put it seems. I'm struggling with work every day, getting back problems carrying tables up and down stairs all day and it's making me miserable. I've been freelance for 6 years.

There is a Physio that I know who keeps offering me his room to rent, under his "banner" and part of me thinks I should do it and try and get my clients used to coming to me again until I find my own place. But at the same time, I don't want to commit to his offer and then two months later leave, or even worse, end up getting complacent and never leave! And my long term future goal is to have my own place and have other therapists who compliment my therapies work alongside me in a wee team, and that's obviously completely different from renting his room.

I feel very confused as I work on my own, lonely! I just don't know what to do. I have been saving for a couple of years for this and now I'm ready to go, there aren't any places to rent! So I basically need to decide to a) stick with mobile until I find my own unit or b) rent a room and possibly commit to it for 6months and hope that something comes up. A lot of people have tried to put me off having my own place, including this Physio I mentioned (which is rich huh). But to me, growth is really important. I know it's obviously a lot more expensive to rent a property but it's always been my dream since day one. I guess I'm just feeling a little deflated, especially since one of my clients said "no don't rent a shop, people like you going to them". I am aware I will lose clients, but I will also retain some clients and gain new ones. And I need to do what's right for me.

Anyway sorry I digress, if anyone has any suggestions to what I should do, feel free to fire them my way :)

Many thanks

I've inboxed you :)

Laura xx

Latest posts

Back