Feeling very blessed!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tip Toe Nails

Reaction score
I wanted to say thank you to all of you whom have helped me in the few questions and comments I have made. I being a newbie so to speak have tried a few gels that just did not mesh with myself and my clients.

I am greatful that I found the CND Brisa and so many happy clients later. I begin my day (some as early as 630 am) and go to 9-10 PM.

CND rep called me at home (WOW) to see if what they suggested worked for me. Talk about SERVICE! I will be using their product from now on. Looking forward to doing some courses with them as well in 2013.

I am able to run my salon 7 days a week, but greatful that in three months of doing this (my nail business) and from word of mouth on a strong foundation of nails not a ton of hidden with art stuff..... It still takes me 2 hours to do a full set of nails and two nails with art.

One lady who has been with me for my 3 months broke a nail at work today she flies out to her family for the holidays tomorrow and its 7 pm in Kelowna right now I said sure pop in lets get you fixed up! I stopped having dinner with my family and took her right on in!

She was so very happy that she paid me for a full fill $ 45.00 when I only fixed a nail for her. She said to me that I will gladly pay for the service of being looked after!

I began thinking it would be a hobby as it takes time to build but in three months of long hours 7 am through 9pm every day but FRI because I spend that day with my mom! Even though I take Friday off I am always willing to take a client if the need arrises.

Anyhow I appreciate all the great advice, I take what I can and use it the best to suit myself and clients needs. Because its really up to you advice is just that ADVICE! Your right GEEG you get out of it what you put into to it.

HAPPY YULETIDE to all Nail Geeks thanks again so much for the wealth of knowledge I have learned!!!!

Traci

Awww just thought id say what a nice post =D

And well done to you on what you have achieved in a small amount of time!

X x x

What a lovely, appreciative post! Many of us give our time here to nurture serious technicians like yourself and it's great to see someone who takes advice on board and uses constructively. :)

Just to pick up on one small point on your post... 2 hours for a full set is perfectly acceptable in my book, especially if what you are delivering is a truly beautiful set of nail enhancements. Ever notice the fabulous FingerNailFixer Holly Schippers' tag line? 'Slow and Steady for Winning Results' :hug:

I wish you ongoing success with your business - I'm sure your passion for the job will take you far.

What a winning post and what a winning attitude. With a work ethic like yours you will go far :hug: Sounds like you already are.

What a refreshing change to see a commitment to your business and not hear moaning and complaining about clients making demands or interrupting someone's life or routine. :eek: I think you have to live to work if you want your work to provide you with a living. If you love what you do, it's not hard. If you do not have passion for what you do then its just a boring old job ... Or a bit of a hobby.

Thank you yes, I am passionate however I am very new and know there is sooooooo much to learn and keep learning if you want to be the best! This year I hope to bring some Stiletto style to Kelowna I did post my first attempt after watching Gemma's Naio video.

I am only 43 (in Jan) so have many years to take me far. I have had so many questions but first I choose to use the SEARCH button (again very helpful) most questions are answered its the matter of simply reading what the posts have to offer and remember that typing on the keyboard shows no emotions and we all carry our own baggage. For me taking the advice given and heeding it to my ability.

I love how the (master) geeks probe for proper info as we can learn so much by simply communicating! And to the gals who emailed me with the sealer issue THANK YOU!!!

That issue had me in tears and ready to give up! However I am no quitter and dang it all wouldn't you know it the batch was bad and everyone had issues. Clapping hands in bliss that you all were here to say have you tried this or that.... I now have 20 regular happy clients.

(Go Traci Go Traci hee hee)

As for 2 hour nails this is good to hear (Traci wipes forehead) so far I have only had one lady every 6-10 days or so with a thumb to fix as she works in construction and wants those french nails they are shorter than most but somehow she cracks the side of it.... now with the change over to Brisa maybe a better product makes the difference.

Again I can not tell you all how much this site has not only improved my inner being as a new techician in Canada but knowing there tough clients out there , how to be strong, educate them and stay strong in knowing I take pride in the small amount that I do....

One day knowing that in a year or so I will be fully booked and beaming proud at the nails together the clients and I will have created all over my town! HA HA....

….. (¯`v´¯)♥
…….•.¸.•´
….¸.•´
… (
☻/
/▌♥♥
/ ♥♥ Thank You

Latest posts

Back