Feet - now Spring is coming

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

adelekeegan1

Chatty geek
Reaction score
This may not be of interest to you if you are booked solid , but I like many other are not, and I'm always on the lookout for new opportunities.

I have a client who manicures all year round but only pedis April - October. She was having a manicure this week and commented that she needed to book me for her first Spa pedi - once she has been to the Chiropodist. I asked why she was going to the Chiropodist, and she said she went every spring to have the worst of the hard skin removed and her toenails sorted out. She knows there is a limit to how much hard skin can be removed during a pedicure and was ashamed of the state of her toenails.

On discussion I discovered that the charge for this was £45 :eek: I explained that although I do not use a blade etc I could do this just as effectively, and I offered her a 'Spring maintenance' appointment (purely hard skin removal and nail tidy), followed by a Spa pedi for £60.

She has recommended this to a number of friends, and they have all come to me, some with a pedi and some not.

It may not be my favourite sort of work, but I have stipulated Mondays only for this work and so far it has been very successful.

It just never occured to me that people were ashamed to come for a pedi with winter crusty feet:lol:

This may not be of interest to you if you are booked solid , but I like many other are not, and I'm always on the lookout for new opportunities.

I have a client who manicures all year round but only pedis April - October. She was having a manicure this week and commented that she needed to book me for her first Spa pedi - once she has been to the Chiropodist. I asked why she was going to the Chiropodist, and she said she went every spring to have the worst of the hard skin removed and her toenails sorted out. She knows there is a limit to how much hard skin can be removed during a pedicure and was ashamed of the state of her toenails.

On discussion I discovered that the charge for this was £45 :eek: I explained that although I do not use a blade etc I could do this just as effectively, and I offered her a 'Spring maintenance' appointment (purely hard skin removal and nail tidy), followed by a Spa pedi for £60.

She has recommended this to a number of friends, and they have all come to me, some with a pedi and some not.

It may not be my favourite sort of work, but I have stipulated Mondays only for this work and so far it has been very successful.

It just never occured to me that people were ashamed to come for a pedi with winter crusty feet:lol:

aww that's really good, glad it's going well.

if they rly think about it they shouldnt be ashamed about there feet because there going for a pedi to improve them right???

When can I book - my feet are in a terrible state.

I know it shouldnt upset me but I really cannot bring myself to do feet, even my own LOL.

Good thinking Adele think I might put that on my new price list as a package like you said spring maint for feet, what do you think you will include still soak etc but mainly concentrate on hard skin (what products will you use?) and file buff shine nails?? As I dont want to take away from my pedi`s (as you said it is hard & not as plesant for some of us to preform as norm pedi).

Last edited:

I know it shouldnt upset me but I really cannot bring myself to do feet, even my own LOL.

Pop over now Fi, I just love transforming feet:):hug::)

Good thinking Adele think I might put that on my new price list as a package like you said spring maint for feet, what do you think you will include still soak etc but mainly concentrate on hard skin (what products will you use?) and file buff shine nails?? As I dont want to take away from my pedi`s (as you said it is hard & not as plesant for some of us to preform as norm pedi).

After using a sanitizing spray, I rasp the hard skin dry and cut the nails. I then soak for a while (using CND Scentsations wash) and then do more work on the hard skin and file the nails to tidy - and that is it.

I regard this as strictly maintenance (though still more than they get at the chiropodists) everything else comes under the Pedi heading - HTH

That sounds like a great idea, and I love the name of it! I may do this as I have just introduced the callus remover treatmen. I could do a spring promo with this. Great idea, thank you!

Super Duper Thanks Adele. xxx

I'm with you on that! I don't like doing pedi's - hate touching other people's feet (got a phobia about feet!)... but I do varnish & nail art customer's toes. I think tidy painted toes look fantastic. I'm thinking of attempting a tropical sunset island scene on my toes next :green:

This is a brilliant idea Adele. It always amazes me how many people say, Oh I would love my feet done but they are horrible or I am so embarrassed with them.

Once they have had the hard skin removed and the skin softened, it makes them feel so much more confident. I had never thought about offering something like this, just my normal pedis, but I will now. :green:

i was thinking of getting the callus peel treatment and offering something similar...but your way sounds alot more profitable...so may just go with that.....how long would you say the complete service would take you adele...as i would like to think that clients want their monies worth of my time iykwim.
fabbo idea!!

Latest posts

Back