Feet!!!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I didnt call anyone a hobbyist! lol....its like most things....there are different levels...for some it is just a hobby...some just a job...some its a career etc etc...for me its always been a hobby...for years...but i have decided on taking it to the next step...to become properly and officially qualified...learn everything there is to know and hopefully one day earn some money from doing something that i love.

I didnt call anyone a hobbyist! lol....its like most things....there are different levels...for some it is just a hobby...some just a job...some its a career etc etc...for me its always been a hobby...for years...but i have decided on taking it to the next step...to become properly and officially qualified...learn everything there is to know and hopefully one day earn some money from doing something that i love.

Thats good that you are choosing to take this seriously, no one is knocking you its just that in a lot of your posts you seem to get very defensive when others are giving you their FREE EXPERT opinions.
There is no need to get defensive with what anyone is saying, maybe before you post your replies you should quickly read through them to see that they would not be miscontrued as defensive or obnoxious that way people wont get their backs up over your responses.
Think about how you would like to be treated if you were a professional giving your expert advise to someone who asked for it, then that person responded negativly to your reply.
Jen

Hi Anna

I can remember when I first found this site last July that I was exactly like you, about to embark on my nail career and I had a million and one questions. I am pretty sure I even asked the same question about feet, cause at the time I couldn't think of anything worse than doing someone else's feet. Now a year on I love doing them, it's my favourite treatment! Once you get some great products and training under your belt it plain sailing!

With regard to this site, there are some of the worlds best nail techs on here all willing to give advise for FREE, can't think where else you would get that, and as you said in one of your other posts time is money especially for a very qualified and experienced nail tech so they are donating their time free of charge for the sake of helping those in the industry. For this reason one thing you will nearly always be told is do to a search before you post your question as it has more than likely already been answered. If you find a thread that helps a little but has not quite answered your question you can always add to that thread.

Please also bear in mind that over the last few years NSS have become more and more of a problem to a trained and experienced tech. They are without a doubt hurting the idustry by providing shody work and misadvising their clients which has a knock on effect to those that are highly trained. Therefore you will find that some techs are sensitive when broaching some subjects, please try to bear this in mind, they don't not mean to be rude or offensive even if it does come across that way.

There is a tread on here somewhere with the geek comandments on there, perhaps try reading that before you do any more posting:)

HTH's
Jackie

I love doing feet but hated it when i was training ! My clients love the transformation and enjoy the experience ! I do offer manicures altho most my clients are for enhancements / pedicures .

There is a mobile tech who lives in my area who only offers Gel enhancements , she doesn't offer anything else - and by all accounts shes run off her feet with clients .....

Thats interesting to know rachel as really that is probably all i would like to offer eventually. Im sure there must be plenty of people that will only offer an enhancement service.

There probably is , i personally havent been doing nails long and im interested in just about anything which involves nails / hands & feet .

I know the lady who only offers Gel uses Bio Sculpture & has been doing it for five years or so ( i know a friend of hers ) apparently it took her three years to get a decent client base as she has never advertised and has gained her clients from word of mouth only. I know alot of people who go to her and her nails look fab !

good luck to her i say ....

Personally I don't mind doing feet, its never really bothered me but then again I haven't really had a horrid pair put in front of me, I'll let you know when I do :lol:

The only time I mind doing feet, is when I'm presented with a pair which are really minging [insert pukey smilie here].

Latest posts

Back