Feet!!!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

xAnnaBannAx

Reaction score
I was just wondering...do all you techs do feet as well as hands? Or do some of you just do hands? Would it be unprofessional not to offer foot services as well as hand?

I was just wondering...do all you techs do feet as well as hands? Or do some of you just do hands? Would it be unprofessional not to offer foot services as well as hand?

Sorry Anna but aren't you contradicting yourself a little when you asked if it is necessary to do them if you dont want to in your previous post?

For me they go together but im sure there is some geeks who do one or the other.

i dont want to do them....but obviously I would if there was much call for it or if I would look unprofessional if i didnt etc...i am doing my course because I love doing it...almost like a hobby but I would like to earn money at some point...im not planning on opening a salon or anything though...just be mobile.
Sorry if I ask stupid questions...these are just things that cross my mind and i am just interested to find out how other people operate.

if you dont want to to do them then you wont be good at them in my opinon! you have to LOVE what your doing - why would you do something you dont want to do?

I used to loathe doing pedicures tbh,well not so much the pedi's but the touching the feet...used to make me wince just thinking about it.:eek:

However over time I have grown to really enjoy the transformation a pedicure can do...you have someone come to you with chipped polish on scruffy,long toenails,all different lengths with ragged bits,not too mention all that hard skin...By the time we have finished with them they have glorious looking feet,soft skin,perfectly painted tootsies.

I personally find it one of the most rewarding treatments out of the lot..Give it a go,they dont bite.lol:green:

Feet is a big market... if you dont do them then you'll be missing out on a lot of profit...

But then again if you dont like them and cant deal with it then theres no point in forcing yourself to doing something that you hate...

Bear in mind though.. i was like you when i first started.. i hated feet.. said i would absolutely not go anywhere near them... but then after the first initial few times of doing a pedicure.. ive managed to get my head around it..

i think you should try it a few times.. you might be surprised...

I HATE feet!!!!!!!!!

I have only started to offer Acrylic toes. I have my 1st paying client on Thurs. I have found if i wear gloves it doesn't bother me. Before it would make me sick, the thought of touching some ones feet!

xx

A lot of my business is in people coming for a manicure and pedicure at the same time - they enjoy a relaxing pampering experience HTH:)

I used to hate feet, I had a phobia about them as I hated mine being touched and couldn't face touching other people's feet.

However, I've since come out of my comfort zone and now really enjoy doing pedicures.

There is a lot of missed business by not offering pedicures and especially french pedi toes using UV gel and/or L+P, the french look can last up to 6-8 weeks and is a very popular treatment to add to your service menu.

hth's

i dont want to do them....but obviously I would if there was much call for it or if I would look unprofessional if i didnt etc...i am doing my course because I love doing it...almost like a hobby but I would like to earn money at some point...im not planning on opening a salon or anything though...just be mobile.
Sorry if I ask stupid questions...these are just things that cross my mind and i am just interested to find out how other people operate.

I think you have to get your head around the idea that this isn't a hobby.
It's a job, business or profession but certainly not a hobby x

hun i would finish your training first before worrying about feet and e files :) you dont want to run before you can walk and getting to grips with l&p or gel.....(whichever course your doing) is hard enough without worrying about other stuff

don't be sorry to ask any question, this is how you learn... some ppl forget that they where newbies at one time. :irked:
I have been a nail tech for 25 yrs, & maybe I have done 3 or 4 pedi's.. Feet are not for everyone.
no where is it a rule that you must do them. pick something you like to do & fly with that.
I have friends who do nothing but pedis, it something they like & do it well. and they make awesome money doing it. I make just as much doing what I excell in..
its like doing hair, some stylist do nothing but cuts some do just color, some won't do perms, etc etc.
I know gals who went to school long time to be lic to do skin care & they end up doing just waxing lol.
nothing is written in stone, do what you want & do it well.

I'm sorry, but there are a lot of extremely talented and professional mobile techs on here that could take offence to that.

I used to loathe doing pedicures tbh,well not so much the pedi's but the touching the feet...used to make me wince just thinking about it.:eek:

However over time I have grown to really enjoy the transformation a pedicure can do...you have someone come to you with chipped polish on scruffy,long toenails,all different lengths with ragged bits,not too mention all that hard skin...By the time we have finished with them they have glorious looking feet,soft skin,perfectly painted tootsies.

I personally find it one of the most rewarding treatments out of the lot..Give it a go,they dont bite.lol:green:
I agree with Babs, I love doing Pedicures because of the transformation of the feet! You hear so many peeps complaining about dry and rough skin, they cant paint their toenails properly etc, and by the time youve finished, as Babs says totally different feet to when they walked in!
I also find doing a Spa Pedicure a very relaxing experience for myself, cant imagine how the client feels, Ive had a few fall asleep!lol!!!
xxx

I completed the Creative Spa Induction day last week and I now love doing pedicures!

I can't stand mine being touched, but I agree what people say about how you can transform them. There's an awful lot of different steps to the pedicure and it's amazing how good it makes you / others feel afterwards.

Even the other half loved it (got to practice on someone!)

Referring back to the earlier comments about this as a hobby. I can understand the comments on both sides..... I love doing nails, and now feet! And to me, I enjoy it so much that it feels like the enjoyment I would get out of a hobby. I've had enough bad and depressing jobs, none of which I have enjoyed (I'm sat at one of them right now!!) and doing nails doesn't feel like a job to me because I love it so much. I think that's how it should be.

Hence why I'm jacking in being an accountant and setting up from home in the next few weeks.

L-J
xx

thanx again carolina...you give great advice...shame there arent more people on here like you!

Sals i havent come on here to cause offence to anyone and if i do then im sorry but what is this site here for exactly?....please dont knock me for asking questions...im just trying to learn the same as you.

well done lucy jayne for taking such a big step i hope it all goes well for you.

thanx again carolina...you give great advice...shame there arent more people on here like you!
If you look at the site properly you'll find there are PLENTY of members (some extremely highly qualified and well known in the industry) who not only give fantastic advice, but they give it free of charge with no expectations of anything in return other than a bit of respect!

Sals i havent come on here to cause offence to anyone and if i do then im sorry but what is this site here for exactly?....please dont knock me for asking questions...im just trying to learn the same as you.

I haven't knocked you for asking questions. I just think you'll find that mobile technicians who are properly trained and qualified would not like to be thought of as being hobbyists, who don't take their profession as seriously as a salon owner.

I'm sure you didn't mean to cause offence, but it did come across as denigrating to the professional standing of mobile technicians.

Sorry, I'll get off my high horse now.

Latest posts

Back