Female intimate waxing, Help!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DanniR

Reaction score
I was trained in brazillian and hollywood's a couple of years ago but have always had trouble removing all of the hair from down the side, I find the hair sticks together and doesn't come out from the follicle.
Should I trim the hair quite short for the hairs to come out?
Any help would be great, Thanks. :)

It's very hard to help you as we can't see where you mean. When you say down the side do you mean on the underside or top?

If the hairs are long you would normally trim them but not too short.

If I were you, having trained a while ago, I would see if you could have a couple of hours one to one with a local trainer. It would be time and money well spent as they could observe what you mean and put you right. :)

Are you using strip wax or hot wax? Make sure that you press the wax right through the hair.

Its hard to help you as you havent given us much information. As Kim said, is it hot wax or strip wax you are using? Which exact part of the body are you meaning? And are you finding the wax is getting stuck or what is happening?

I would be trimming the hairs if they are looking quite long yes. Have you done a course in advanced or intimate waxing? If not this might be helpful aswell.

I am using strip wax.

What I mean is, when I am applying the hairs on the, excuse the bluntness here, the flaps of the bikini, the hairs all clump together which makes them not come out. I make sure I have applied the wax strip enough. the hairs come out fine everywhere else on brazillian and hollywood its just this part I find really hard.

I hope this makes more sense.

Thanks for your help though. xx

For intimate waxing, you should be using hot wax ( not strip). As the hairs grow in different directions you will need to do small sections and, so that the hair doesn't 'clump together', go with the direction of the hair in that area.
Seek out Kim's advice - she's the best in the business. Better still, go to one of HER classes. :wink2:

Are you trained to do this type of waxing or are you simply giving it a go?

I couldn't even begin to help you with strip as I only use non strip on this area so I'm really not sure what you should do. I would say that anyone I know doing strip waxing on bikinis are very experienced and confident at their waxing.

I would imagine you would be doing smaller areas but I don't know hitch direction you should be going. Your best bet would be to go on a class. If you are rubbish at this type of waxing your clients will never return.

Thanks for your help, I was trained in this but the lady that trained me had been doing it years and she used strip wax.
I will look into doing a course I think :)

Thanks for all your advice :D xx

If you trim them too short you will have all kinds of problems but I always trim the whole bikini area before I start waxing.

Its a long time since I regularly used warm wax for this kind of waxing but I still have one client who insists on having warm wax as she can't tolerate hot wax.

Apply wax to the whole of the lip area and remove in small strips, you must have skin as taut and supported as possible so involve your client if necessary.

Hot wax is so much better for this area, less trauma to the skin and the hair is always removed by the root.

Oh I cringe when I read about strip wax for these areas.:Scared:

Hard wax all the way, I find it so so much easier to work with and really is less painful for the client.

My latest convertee had been going somewhere with strips as she was amazed at the difference, my last male BSC had been having his crown jewels waxed with strip wax:Scared::Scared:

Strip wax for me

I would only use hot wax on bikini and Brazilians. If you must use strip wax, start from the bottom part and work your way upwards. Stretch the skin and remove quickly.

Thanks for your help, I was trained in this but the lady that trained me had been doing it years and she used strip wax.
I will look into doing a course I think :)

Thanks for all your advice :D xx

Don't use strip wax, it puts clients off, its messy and sticky and so wrong!!!
I did my intimate course with Kim and since then I have not looked back. I educate my clients on how it should be done and they will not go any where else. I always get the same response, "wow, is that it?" No getting them to stretch their own skin
or put them in ashtanga poses to try and get them pulling their own stretch.
I make them comfortable, quickly do the job and they love it.
Go on a hot wax course and save yourself grief and build up a loyal happy customer base:)

I converted from hot to strip wax for brazillians a few years ago after a salon I worked at told me to do all but the 'flaps' in strip. I use good quality strip wax with titanium dioxide in it which is designed for sensitive skin. My clients love it. I too am sensitive and the 'flicking' of the hot wax drove me nuts I actually prefer strip. Albeit I would love to retrain in hot wax for these areas more out of curiosity and just for a change...

Occasionally I have the same problem as you, usually it's because the hair is too long but find if I remove the wax from the opposite direction it comes out much easier. Ok some may break off but most still come out at the root and it's better than trying to pull them out when they just don't want to budge! Smaller strips do work better I find. Sometimes when I really do get myself in a pickle with this area I end up smothering it with hot wax and taking it off that way though it's not often I have to resort to that.

Thanks for all your help, it has given me some ideas on what I can do to stop anymore problems :).

Can anyone recommened a good course for hot wax intemate waxing? xx

You don't need to look very far ... just send a PM Kim Lawless, who has replied above, for details of intimate wax training courses near you.

Thanks for all your help, it has given me some ideas on what I can do to stop anymore problems :).

Can anyone recommened a good course for hot wax intemate waxing? xx

Kim Lawless who answered your thread above is one of the best to train with for intimate waxing. PM her and she'll give you all the info you need. Good luck!

Go to the lovely Ms Lawless.

I did my female intimate wax course with her last week. Left feeling calm and confident, with no worries or doubts. She is an ace teacher.

Go to the lovely Ms Lawless.

I did my female intimate wax course with her last week. Left feeling calm and confident, with no worries or doubts. She is an ace teacher.

I can second that :) I felt the same. X

hi im new to salon geek and was wondering if anyone can help me out with an sample caase studie for waxing please im a little stuck

Latest posts

Back