fete costings for art

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Nails At The Hat Hire Company

Reaction score
I am booked again for three different local school fetes. and i am soo rubbish at the charging bit. my youngest daughters school fete last year took 3 hours and lots of continuos nail art that i was charging 1.50 for as i figured they were kids etc., i ended up giving all the money to the school as it was not millions. not that i minded but for ten nails 1.50 seemed too cheap.
another local fete that i did last year came round 1/2 way through and collected a fee (about ten pounds) for the stall - fair enough i kept the 'profit' but i find it difficult to charge more for kids but at the same time then struggle to justify the correct prices when little susie's mum books her in for a birthday treat at the full price about say on average ten poounds!!!
i do nail art parties including bags with mini polish,mini file and sweets in and they get a mini manicure ive put these up this year by a pound to 6.95 per girl including bags and 4.95 without bags and already had a mother raise her eyebrows at the increase.!!!

Hi,
I am also doing a school fete at the end of June, but the school secretary actually suggested I charge the same as I did for the Ladies Pampering evening at the school, which was minimum of £6.00. I am quite happy to do this, as this school actually books appointments for me with the mums. Last time I was completely booked up, but should there be any spaces left and some children ask for it, I'll give them £1 or £2 off. If they don't want it, I am sure other mums will grab the spaces.
If you don't feel right charging kids full price, then why not have a separate price for children, say maybe £3, or give them discounts like I do. In my experience even children like a bit of a discount, and they won't be able to say no.
I hope I could be of a little help, though I do babble on sometimes.

Good Luck
Aylin

Thehandsanctuary said:
I am booked again for three different local school fetes. and i am soo rubbish at the charging bit. my youngest daughters school fete last year took 3 hours and lots of continuos nail art that i was charging 1.50 for as i figured they were kids etc., i ended up giving all the money to the school as it was not millions. not that i minded but for ten nails 1.50 seemed too cheap.
another local fete that i did last year came round 1/2 way through and collected a fee (about ten pounds) for the stall - fair enough i kept the 'profit' but i find it difficult to charge more for kids but at the same time then struggle to justify the correct prices when little susie's mum books her in for a birthday treat at the full price about say on average ten poounds!!!
i do nail art parties including bags with mini polish,mini file and sweets in and they get a mini manicure ive put these up this year by a pound to 6.95 per girl including bags and 4.95 without bags and already had a mother raise her eyebrows at the increase.!!!
Hi Jenni

My pricing for fetes are:

Children: £1.00
This includes: 1 coat of polish (no base coat); choice of nail art to 2 fingers; and topcoat.

Adults: £3.50
This includes: basecoat; 1 coat of polish; choice of nail art to 2 fingers; and topcoat.

It will never make me millions, but generally I'm non stop throughout the day. As for the difference salon price and fete price, well you're not getting a salon service!

All the best
Adele

Thanks i might try that i was charging 1.50 for TEN nails. so you can see what a difference it is.
thanks again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back