Few questions on pre pig

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bubblegumsoap

Reaction score
Hello ladies and gents! I haven't been on here in about a year and forgotten my log in details.... So new account new me! Haven't had a chance to update my profile yet as I signed up again last night, but it will be updated asap.

I'm a qualified level 2 & 3 hairdresser, used to work at Toni and guy and now I'm a proud sales assistant at Sallys salon services :) but still do friends and family part time mobile just to keep my foot in the door, and plus I can't even imagine not ever doing hair again! My passion ❤.

I use wella koleston,colour touch and colour fresh. Have used illumia in the past but I prefers koleston as that's what I trained with.

I'm doing 2 color corrections over the weekend, and was just wondering if I could have some reassurence in what I am planning to do as I haven't done colour correction since I worked in a salon :)

Colour correction 1

My client has a natural base shade 7 but has been having full head highlights of bleach with 6 percent and wella 12\89. Her hair is very ash and she's wanting to go ombre. She doesn't mind going warm tones to eliminate the blonde. We discussed options and we both decided to go for a 6 or a 7 on the roots,an 8 on the mid section of the hair and then fade it out into her natural blonde or maybe pastel tone the ends with wella.

I've done strand tests of 7\03 , 5/77, 8/38 10/1 just to see how the colours would be on her hair, and they were the only ones I had in at the time but you can get a rough idea how the colors would be. The only colour that took was the 5/77 (as I expected) but it came out more like an 8. The 8/38 took very slightly. I know I will have to pre pig, and the brown would most likely fade which is why I went for the 5 as it will fade up to a 6 after a few washes. I have purchased from work indola red mouse to pre pig, what I was thinking was to just put that on the roots and comb through towards mid section and then place the 5/77 on top of the mousse,fade/smudge it into the 8/38, and put the ends of the hair in foils with conditioner or maybe a colour touch quasi to avoid the color from running into the blonde? How would everyone else do it? I might put a few scattered foils through her parting just in case the brown is slightly too dark for her to begin with. Would love to hear your suggestions :)

Color correction number 2

This ones a lot simpler than the first haha. My brothers fionce has been having full head of foils bleach and 12/1 and occasionally a few darker ones scattered through to break it up. Her original natural base is a 6. She wants to go to a 6/77 as she's having micro ring extensions and that was the best match. (which my other hairdressing friend is doing for her) obviously I have the indola red mousse, and will use that to pre pig but what I was wondering was if I can put the 6/77 over the mouse after it has been applied straight away? I know its a temporary mouse. And I think I'm having a blonde moment shall I say! But I would apply the mousse then I would straight away apply the full head of 6/77 to my client leave to develop and wash off.... Job done ? I have never used mousse to pre pig before I have always used color fresh or special mix, but as times are hard now days, the mousse was a cheaper option lol :)

Anyway I look forward to hearing from you all, sorry for my dopey questions!!

Lots of love

Amy
Xo
Sent from my D6603 using SalonGeek mobile app

I use Schwarzkopf so no idea about the colours however I use the pre pig mousse and it's simple..
Apply it's to dry hair all over the sections u want to pre pig (wear gloves obv) and the dry it with a hairdryer. Then you can just apply the colour right on top simple

if her hair is very blonde if do two applications to avoid the colour shining through so once you've dried it apply it again, dry it then apply colour xx

Thankyou for your speedy reply! Sorry did you mean do 2 applications of the mouse if the colour is coming through? Xx

Yeah so do the red pre pig and dry it in and if you think it's still light or still see some blonde apply the pre pig again and dry it and then apply your colour x

Thank you that's fab xxx

I find wella perfecton to be much more effective than the mousse if you're worried :) x

For colour correction 1 does she have a regrowth?
I would colour touch for all of this adding my prepig in with my tint x

Ahhh see I've heard my friend talk a lot about perfecton, but I'm not entirely sure what that is?? We never used it at college or in the salon and for some bizzare reason Sallys doesn't stock it! Will have to do some research on it I think. By the way I just read through my original post, sorry for all The spelling mistakes I have dyslexia xxx

Yes colour correction 1 does have regrowth, I would say probably just over about half an inch regrowth xx

Does indola mousse have metallic salts In it? Xxx

Just letting you all know it went really well :) very pleased with the result and my client loved it. Thanks for everyone's advice, number 2 color correction tomorrow!!! Xxx

Just letting you all know it went really well :) very pleased with the result and my client loved it. Thanks for everyone's advice, number 2 color correction tomorrow!!! Xxx

Glad it went well for you! Perfecton is a pre pig solution in a liquid form, I usually apply with a sponge to dry or damp hair and blow dry in and then tint right over the top :)

Latest posts

Back