FHA and SRH

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Leahukhairstylist

Reaction score
I have signed up to the fha as i am becoming freelance. Im not 100 % sure and what being a member means other than it looks good to have fha member on my business cards and i can enter their competitions. I have just seen there is a state registered hairdresser one aswell which again im guessing is the same kind of thing. Why do people have these is it just to look more profesional? As at the moment i dont understand what the benifits are?

Never heard of them tbh. If a normal client doesn't know what it is (like I wouldn't) then the only reason to be a member is for the member benefits whatever they may be.

I am a state registered hairdresser.

I do it for both reassurance for clients and because I believe hairdressing should be regulated.

I explain in my website what being state registered means. I also explain to my clients that anyone, with no experience or training can become a practicing hairdresser or open their own salon.

I don't think there are any benefits particularly, just encouraging a regulated field. Like doctors, dentists and nurses.

I am a state registered hairdresser.

I do it for both reassurance for clients and because I believe hairdressing should be regulated.

I explain in my website what being state registered means. I also explain to my clients that anyone, with no experience or training can become a practicing hairdresser or open their own salon.

I don't think there are any benefits particularly, just encouraging a regulated field. Like doctors, dentists and nurses.

Me too, and well said! :D

Oh ye it proves your qualified. I shall write this on my page :) thanx.

I have signed up to the fha as i am becoming freelance. Im not 100 % sure and what being a member means other than it looks good to have fha member on my business cards and i can enter their competitions. I have just seen there is a state registered hairdresser one aswell which again im guessing is the same kind of thing. Why do people have these is it just to look more profesional? As at the moment i dont understand what the benifits are?

I must admit I'm a little hesitant too, I joined recently as I too wanted to support regulation and professional standards but I don't feel it's benefiting me? None of my clients seem the least bit bothered by it and I'm paying a monthly membership fee, I haven't visited the website since I joined, I tend to only remember it when I pay the fee. It's a tricky one because it is important that we set professional standards but at the same time although only a small fee I do feel as though I'm throwing money away

Latest posts

Back