Fiberplex?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Excuse me, do not call me a liar! I called them they said no!! I am a qualified insured hairdresser who does freelance and rent a chair at a salon!!!!!
Relax, you should be mad at the distributor, not someone on a forum.

Colorphlex starter kit is £20. Olaplex £75! You pay for what you got! The fact whilst at Salon International today I got 3 samples of colorphlex from the same person throughout the day shows they may be slightly aware of the fact they're not really even in competition with Olaplex!

Good move, ColourBoy. I hope you use the colorpHlex. It is a remarkable product with many uses. Plus, colorpHlex has a Home Care System to maintain your clients hair between visits and boost salon revenue as well.

If you use and decide that you like Olaplex better than colorpHlex, then we certainly won't begrudge you buying it instead.

Thanks,
Scott Breed
Director of Education
colorpHlex

Fibrplex is awful. I went to an in salon education event at my friends Schwarzkopf salon. The educator using Fibrplex kept going on that it was better than Olaplex, "what is wrong with silicones" he'd said. But on half the models he didn't do the second step, and then said that repair rescue (one of their shampoos and conditioners) was better than the Fibrplex. And one of the bleach models suffered loads of breakage. It was laughable.

I can second Fibreplex not being great. One of my clients is a Schwarzkopf rep and she bought it in for me to use on her. Her hair was breaking off and I only used 5vol with bleach

Having previously worked in the R&D departments of 2 of the worlds biggest companies, I can assure you that there is no know chemical that can repair broken hair. Legally speaking all products only say "it helps to reduce damage".

Yes we can cosmetically, and temporally mask hair cuticle damage, however to repair his permanently is sadly not scientifically possible at present.

Less is more ! to prevent chemical, thermal and mechanical damage to the hair cuticle. is the best policy,

First of all, let me just say that whatever rep told you that olaplex doesn't have the right patents was not educated on this subject. The active ingredient in olaplex is Bis-Aminopropyl Diglycol Dimaleate. This ingredient is not found in fibreplex. Fibreplex protects Keratin and sulfide bonds the hair from damage and then coats it to prevent breakage. The active ingredient in olaplex actually helps to create more of those bonds in the hair by adding single sulfide and hydrogen bonds to the damaged hair through simple chemistry (polar attraction of molecules based on their charges and a process called covalent bonding) the active ingredient basically goes between the broken sulfide bonds and acts as a molecular bridge between them... this is how it basically "multiplies/ adds/ fixes these bonds... those bonds have to be broken in order to change hair texture or color during chemical processing... that's why olaplex adds processing time is because while the chemical servicing is damaging the bonds olaplex is stopping that damage and reversing it. Fibreplex doesn't contain the ingredient in olaplex to be able to do this. They are not the same. Fibreplex is just attempting to protect the hair shafts from breakage due to the damage done during processing. Do your research guys... educate yourself on the ingredients of your products and what they do!!! Come on.

Last edited:
Has anyone used fibreplex with wella blondor?

We have been using View attachment 190475 fiberplex in the salon for a week now . The results have been amazing . Has anyone else tried it yet
It is great the only frustration is getting detailed info on instructions seems like OLAPLEX has better marketing, but we use the both with equal success

First of all, let me just say that whatever rep told you that olaplex doesn't have the right patents was not educated on this subject. The active ingredient in olaplex is Bis-Aminopropyl Diglycol Dimaleate. This ingredient is not found in fibreplex. Fibreplex protects Keratin and sulfide bonds the hair from damage and then coats it to prevent breakage. The active ingredient in olaplex actually helps to create more of those bonds in the hair by adding single sulfide and hydrogen bonds to the damaged hair through simple chemistry (polar attraction of molecules based on their charges and a process called covalent bonding) the active ingredient basically goes between the broken sulfide bonds and acts as a molecular bridge between them... this is how it basically "multiplies/ adds/ fixes these bonds... those bonds have to be broken in order to change hair texture or color during chemical processing... that's why olaplex adds processing time is because while the chemical servicing is damaging the bonds olaplex is stopping that damage and reversing it. Fibreplex doesn't contain the ingredient in olaplex to be able to do this. They are not the same. Fibreplex is just attempting to protect the hair shafts from breakage due to the damage done during processing. Do your research guys... educate yourself on the ingredients of your products and what they do!!! Come on.
Thx for the detailed explanation

Latest posts

Back