Fibre glass

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

louise

Dizzy geek
Reaction score
Hi All!

I am just finishing using my free kit that i got from collage so i am wanting to purchase a fibreglass kit. Does anyone have any reccomendations to which products they use.

Thanx, Lou :D

There are many fibreglass systems out there and they are all much the same.

If you want to try something really new and different which is fab try Fabric#. It is so easy. Everything is 'brush on' so it is very easy to control. You use an absolute minmum amount of activator and sometimes none at all. It is tremendously tough and strong.

We have just won our second competition with it in Birmingham a couple of weeks ago. Go to page 7 and click on fabric# and you can read all about it. It is advertised on the back cover of the new Scratch Magazine.

Well I have been using fibreglass and silk since the day I started. 13 years ago. The sytems itself is very much the same where ever you buy the product from, but you need a good fibreglass or silk, one that has just the right amount of adhesive backing, to little and the strip will slide all over the place when you resin it, to much and it will be cloudy.
The thing is the better the fibreglass or silk the better the end product.

Fabric# seems the best so far. I havn't tried it but will in the near future and it looks to me that it will be the one to go for.

I have been building my apex with stress strips, with Fabric# the thicker resin will build a nice apex for you, so no more fiddly little bits of material to place in the important areas.
love Ruth xxxx

geeg said:
Go to page 7 and click on fabric# and you can read all about it. It is advertised on the back cover of the new Scratch Magazine.

HI,

Please could you elaborate on this!!! What page and where is it! Sorry if its just me being daft!!!

Thanx, Lou xxx :D

That's really good news that you don't have to spray Fabric.

I hate the product we're using in college for that very reason. It smells so bad and I have concerns about getting it on the skin.

Do you have to have the Fabric training before you can buy the products?

Karen

louise said:
geeg said:
Go to page 7 and click on fabric# and you can read all about it. It is advertised on the back cover of the new Scratch Magazine.

HI,

Please could you elaborate on this!!! What page and where is it! Sorry if its just me being daft!!!

Thanx, Lou xxx :D

go here-> http://www.samuelsweet.com/board/viewtopic.php?t=160

It is not mandatory to have product training with Fabric# in order to buy it as long as you can produce a certificate that says you are proficient with doing wraps.

BUT ...

I for one don't think but KNOW, that everyone always works better with a product when they have had training with it. Fabric# is different to any other wrap system, and although it is very easy, you will be working with 3 different resins (this is what makes the system so much stronger than any other) and it is always beneficial to you to learn from an expert with the particular product you are going to buy.

Still the choice is yours ... but as a manufacturer it does annoy me when technicians complain that a product doesn't work for them (as if there is something wrong with the product) only to find they have never been shown how to use it correctly not to mention all the product knowledge they lack because they couldn't be bothered to attend a class that is there to help them.

We don't put classes on for the hell of it or even for the money (as so many think) as classes are not considered a profit center to us - the classes are there to help YOU do well with the products you purchase from us. We are there to make life easier for YOU and to help you to avoid problems and to become successful. If you are successful ... we are successful.

You're right - you do learn so much more from a course!

Hopefully, I'll do mine around September time.

I'm just eager to get my greedy little mits on it and start practising before hand!!!

Kx

hi ya...
im doing my creative conversion tomorrow at leeds...and i would like to say that creative courses r excellent value for money...the kit is included in the cost of their courses which can be a hell of an extra on top of a course fee aswell...i only wish i had found creative before i wasted my money on other courses...i did a 2 day course in April which cost me £250, that was the cost without a kit...they wanted an extra £100 for a kit which only included liquid and powder (small pots)...the certificate i got had been created on a home computer, they spelt my name incorrect, they stamped it wonky...and basically it was a total rip off...i have since found the products in a magazine and they dont even sell for 1/2 what this nail training place were selling them for, they mustve been making a mint...they dont have a website, a catologue, no further training is available with them and at the end of the 2 days we were sent away being told we were now qualified nail techs...sorry for going on but this training got me sooooooooooooo mad as i believe the lady is in dispute with some other girls for the same reasons...why didnt i find out about creative before.............??? oh well at least ive found them now...
i also had training in 1997 with Star Nails and again spent a lot of money on kits that were an extra cost...
vicky

geeg said:
Everything is 'brush on' so it is very easy to control. You use an absolute minmum amount of activator and sometimes none at all. It is tremendously tough and strong.

Hi Geeg

Does this mean we can use the brush-on Blast 2.1 instead of the Spray Blast 4 then , because this is the only thing that is bothering me as as I hate spray activators but according to the instructions, although you use the brush on Blast to activate Boost, you do use a spray activator to activate Build:?:

Also, could you advise on the procedure for infills with Fabric

I'm with you Vicky, I've wasted so much money on poor courses and poor student kits. Could've kicked myself when I discovered Creative the day after I enrolled for my present course. That's why I've got to start saving all over AGAIN!!!

Still, like you say - we're here now!!!

Good luck with your course!!!

Kx

hi k...

what courses have u previously done?

vicx

hi ya...with the fabric system can u do both silk and fibreglass nails, as ive noticed in a ellisons brochure on the fabric page u can buy both silk and fibreglass...? not too up on fibreglass last did this system 6 years ago now, and it wasnt strong then so my main system is acrylic, however fabric seems very interesting and ive also read that its as strong as L & P...? what is best silk or fibreglass????
id love to try out this system...sounds great, also something to use till i get the hang of L & P...ive just converted to creative L & P...so hope it wont be too long...previously not got on with gel either, as it takes forever to soak off, is that the case with Faze???
so many questions sorry, newbie geek wannabe...
and very tired mummy this morning...
vicky xxx

As far as strength is concerned, there is no 'best' with fabric#. Both are as strong as each other.

The 'look' varies in a subtle way however. Silk produces a 'soft' look which is very pretty, and Fibreglass produces a crystal clear look. So the choice is yours. Both come in the kit so have fun.

As regards Faze Gel, it is like any other strong gel, it does not soak off. Removal technique is to buff it until it is thin but NOT totaly gone (to protect the natural nail) and then to0 encourage the client to have manicures until the gel grows off completely.

thanks for that, dont like the sound of gel, scared still ile hurt the natural nail...fabric sounds brill though, def gonna give that a go...
thanks for your help...vicky

geeg said:
As far as strength is concerned, there is no 'best' with fabric#. Both are as strong as each other.

The 'look' varies in a subtle way however. Silk produces a 'soft' look which is very pretty, and Fibreglass produces a crystal clear look. So the choice is yours.

Hello again Gigi - seriously...the silk is just as strong as using fibreglass with the Fabric system? That is fab news if this is the case because, I have to admit, I do prefer the softer look of silk and do some of my clients...I've always tried to steer them clear of the silk and over to fibreglass for reasons of strength...

In the past, resins have been so weak, that it really was the fibre that gave the strength and flexibility and you're right, silk was less strong than fibreglass .... But with Fabric#, the Resin combination is so strong, that the difference made between the Fibreglass and Silk is negligible. Cool eh??

geeg said:
In the past, resins have been so weak, that it really was the fibre that gave the strength and flexibility and you're right, silk was less strong than fibreglass .... But with Fabric#, the Resin combination is so strong, that the difference made between the Fibreglass and Silk is negligible. Cool eh??

Yup, that's great news Geeg :thumbsup: ....all I want to hear next is that pink fibreglass/silk will be introduced very soon too (at the moment I'm being a traitor and using another brand for the pink/natural colourway, but I'll defect back again if you get that added to the range ;) )

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back